"Jack Johnson owned Baritone ukulele" on ebay........Riiiiight

Zakulele

Reaction score
3 days ago I was window shopping on ebay, and came across a Johnson brand Baritone ukulele with its seller claiming that it was given to him by Jack Johnson. There are no photographs of this uke with Jack Johnson nor is it signed or verified in any way. Also, I don't exactly find it realistic that he would own a economic-priced instrument, being mad rich and all. He had it listed at $500.00 reserve and a Buy It Now price of $750.00. I immediately call B.S. Fast forward to today and I find the listing again, this time changed to a $200.00 reserve and a Buy It Now price of $250.00. I message the seller, who has to no history on Ebay, "Pictures or it didn't happen.", He soon replied with this,
"I can't post pictures, the pictures show me and Jack Johnson smoking. But I assure you, it did happen, which is why I'm allowing returns."

In summary, this listing totally smells rotten.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Johnson-Ukulele-Owned-Jack-Johnson-/180543504136?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Definitely sounds like a lie. His reply dug the hole deeper, too.

Yeah there's no way that thing is real... sounds like he just bought a baritone, realized he didn't like it, and is trying to make money off of some unknowing person. It's kinda sad haha

Definitely do not do this. Even if he accepts returns, who is to say that you will ever get your money back. And I am pretty sure everyone knows jack smokes so tell him to send it any ways or bleep out his face kinda

Price appears to have dropped, it's now 200/250 buy it now.

" Hello I am Jack Johnson". . . . . . "that Baritone uke was indeed mine" ! I bought it of the estate of the late George Harrison, and had my surname put on the headstock! ;-)

" Hello I am Jack Johnson". . . . . . "that Baritone uke was indeed mine" ! I bought it of the estate of the late George Harrison, and had my surname put on the headstock! ;-)

LOL, seriously if anybody has an ebay account, which I'm pretty sure most of us do, you need to just message him "Pictures or it didn't happen"

I just reported the item as fraudulent. I said he has no proof, and therefor is trying to trick customers into paying more for the item then it is worth.

I just reported the item as fraudulent. I said he has no proof, and therefor is trying to trick customers into paying more for the item then it is worth.

Nice, I was going to report him,but I was having trouble navigating Ebay reporting system.

Didn't you hear?! Jason Mraz walked into my shop and said it was the coolest place ever and that everyone should buy their ukuleles from me!!! Billy Joel popped in the other day and said I convinced him to drop the whole piano man thing and he is re-writing his song to "Ukulele Man". So, with 2 high-name celebrity endorsements under my belt everyone should buy from me!

Even if it did happen, if you buy it with no proof it is worth no more than your word. But, I agree, total scam.

Oh, and did you know I was featured on Oprah's favorite things? Buy away!!!

This economy is bringing out the best in ebay. He has another auction if you didn't notice. Warning!!!! Make sure there's nothing in you mouth when you click the link below, as you will spit it out in your fit of laughter!

Clickety clik here!

OK - so I asked for picture of him with Jeff Gordon giving him the Zune. His reply:

"I do, but unfortunately, I just moved, and the pictures are on its way to my house as we speak."

You know, if the seller says, "I am not a scammer", that usually means they are.

Oh and whats wrong with two people smoking cigarettes lol

Top Bottom