WTB: tenor neck

provines

Reaction score
I'd like to build a violin-uke like Alan's in Uke Talk. I've got the violin. I'm looking for a salvaged tenor neck with or without pegs or tuners. Have you sat or stepped on your uke and want to get rid of the neck? Drop me a PM or an e-mail to dprovines@provines.net.

:)

How savvy are your woodworking skills, dude? If you are unable to locate a salvaged tenor neck, how about re-engineering a child-sized acoustic guitar neck? Used child guitars are cheap at the thrift shop (or try goodwill.com) because the kids grow out of them fast. You can redesign the head stock if you have the skills and tools and carve a new nut if you want to stick with four strings. Also, you can see about where places like postal carriers hold their damaged goods auctions to find more treasures to work with.

You could get a neck kit from Mainland Ukes http://shop.mainlandukuleles.com/category.sc?categoryId=8. It's only $39.95 for the tenor, and you won't have to worry about breaking apart an old uke to salvage the neck. It would give you the option of doing an inlay on the fingerboard before putting the frets on.
–Lori

Or if you were any good at woodworking, you could just laminate some wood together, and then shape it to the right length, and so that it feels nice for your hand.. or if not, i recommend the Mainland neck kits as well.

Top Bottom