What about the Bushman Jenny?

account904

Reaction score
I have seen some positive reviews for the Bushman Jenny Concert UKE. Anyone have any thoughts or reviews of this UKE or the brand in general?

Welcome aboard 904!

I don't have any personal experience with this maker or the Jenny, though most of what I have read has been positive.

Be sure to check out our reviews section (click here) as I believe we have reviews for at least 2 models there, and certainly more to come.

Have fun!

I have a Bushman Jenny Concert and it's a great instrument! For the price it would be hard to beat. It has a beautiful tone, and the intonation is perfect! My husband plays a Jenny Tenor, and he really loves it.

If you want to hear the Bushman Jenny, this is a short clip I did when I was trying to learn how to use iMovie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0pMi2lwUBI

Julia Nunes

I think Julia Nunes actually plays a Cedar Tone, not a Jenny. someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Jenny/Cedar Tone

(I only know that because I was thinking about buying a Cedar Tone and when I googled them it took me to her Wikipedia page - there is precious little information on Bushman Ukes on the web.)

I think Julia Nunes actually plays a Cedar Tone, not a Jenny. someone correct me if I'm wrong.

In the description of this video, she says its a Jenny concert. It is possible that she is mistaken, or is playing a newer model, but I am thinking that Wikipedia is wrong (blasphemy, I know).

Description of Video said:
Nat King Cole
Ella Fitzgerald
and now, Julia Nunes..... in my dreams
mp3 download available here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?00xvictswtw
I tried out my stop motion skills while I was opening my new uke!! (it's a Jenny, Concert www.bushmanmusic.com)
let me know what you thought

love goes out to all of you guys

I'm considering my next uke and was convinced by another player in my area to give a serious look at the Bushman tenor. He says he plays his most of all his 45 ukuleles(!).

How does it stack up against, day, a Pono or a Kelii? Any positives or negatives to weigh? Tone sounds like...?

All ive heard of bushman ukes is thus: they play nice and they are made well. Go for it.

now the jenny is a nice uke but it is very noisy and high pitched. if thats what your going for do it. its made for that kind of sound(so i hear anyway) but I also hear that it is a great uke.

Go for it!

Top Bottom