Tuner recomendations

kenikas

Reaction score
I have several old ukes and banjo ukes with missing and/or nonfunctioning friction tuners, and would like to get some opinions on replacements. The ones I've been looking at are Grover 3's and Ping P2698's, has anyone here had experience with these, or can you make another recomendation.

I've always had good results with grovers on other instruments. Not tried taisamlu's though. Definitely one to remember when I swap.

Can't beat a recomendation from two experienced UUers like that.

I'll second Timbuck's recommendation. We use Taisamlu's tuners all the time. Good stuff for the price.

I've always had good results with grovers on other instruments. Not tried taisamlu's though. Definitely one to remember when I swap.
Can't beat a recomendation from two experienced UUers like that.
Thanks, I remember looking at Taisamlu's a while back, but wasn't in the market for them then. I'll definately check them out.

I can speak for the Ping tuners...I put them on a vintage uke with small headstock holes and they fit with no reaming of the holes. They tune very nicely as well. They can be had for about eight or nine dollars if you look around a bit. Nothing against the other tuners, I only have experience with the Pings. They work great for me!

Depending on your budget, "pegheads" are really cool. Very antique looking, but superfuctional.

Another vote for Taisamlu. It takes about a week for them to get to Illinois from Taiwan which is not bad. You can get a better price if you buy multiple sets I think.
Doug

Top Bottom