UKE Magazine ??????

Keef

Reaction score
Here I stand at barnes and noble looking at a sea of guitar magazines but nothing on ukulele's
My question is this: is their a ukulele magazine?
I'm thinking if their isn't one their should be ( no I'm not up to the task )
just a thought :)

It would be great if there was, but... There's probably still not enough players for it to fly. And how many of those players would spend $20 when they can get much of the same info online. The internet is great, but it's killing a lot of old school businesses.

i'm getting a malware warning from the rolling coconuts website - be careful people.

My vote goes to the tricorn publications mag - very good.

I agree though, shame we dont have a printed version.

another vote for tricorn here.

I have long wanted a printed uke magazine, and have suggested it to Pippin, the publisher of tricorn's Uke Player. Apparently to go "actual" rather than "virtual" involves all kinds of extra expenses. Shame, really; there's nothing like a good magazine for air travel, etc....

must say though, my investment in an iphone means I can get the tricorn pdf on my device and read it mobile very clearly - brilliant!

Here I stand at barnes and noble looking at a sea of guitar magazines but nothing on ukulele's
My question is this: is their a ukulele magazine?
I'm thinking if their isn't one their should be ( no I'm not up to the task )
just a thought :)
It's been brought up before and I believe everyone here would have a subscription. I think the consumer base is way to small and would be an expensive endeavor in terms of printing, postage and ditribution. Here's a quote from an earlier thread (click on the post # to read the entire thread) . . .

I know that people have asked me about that, but, my readership is truly global in scope. To print a magazine, I'd have to work about three or four months out... then, I'd have to pay for postage in a bulk rate for global distribution, which would have all manner of political and economic red-tape, then, my expenses would sky-rocket.

Right now, the magazine is FREE and will remain so, but, the cost is largely absorbed by the rest of my publishing activities.

Online distribution is the only practical way to reach our 100,000 readers (world-wide). Hence, I can continue to offer the magazine for free and every ukulele player out there can read it online, or print it and read it offline if they so desire. I have made it high-resolution enough so that it prints pretty well.

The effort is worth it. If I tried to offer it in print, I'd have to be a wealthy man with no thought of the cost and plan each issue much farther in advance.

I should also add that right now, retailers in every corner of the globe benefit from the magazine because access is great. All you need is an internet connection and an Acrobat Reader, which is pre-installed on every computer these days. The merchants and manufacturers all benefit from my news and reviews and the artists, luthiers, and other enthusiasts can reach a global audience. I really feel good about that.

Top Bottom