PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Concert uke with solid top <$200 (ideally cedar-top)

MatthewVanitas
08-09-2010, 03:51 AM
I'm looking to buy a concert uke as a long-term loaner for a noob player friend I hope to be teaching a few lessons once I get back from Afghanistan.

Looking for a decent-quality concert uke with a solid top (or all-solid). Case nice but not obligatory. If perchance someone has a cedar top, that'd be awesome as I've been meaning to mess with one of those.

Thanks for any leads.

Chris Tarman
08-09-2010, 04:31 AM
Hmmm... if you could go about $60 higher you could get a Mainland Cedar Top Concert. That wouldn't include shipping or a case, however. The only other solid cedar top concert I can think of is the Kala KA-KCG, but it's $309 from MGM. That includes a case and shipping. Personally, I would try to come up with the extra money to get a Mainland. I have a Mainland cedar pineapple, and it sounds great, and the combination of the cedar top with the dark rosewood back and sides is, in my opinion, stunning.

Chris Tarman
08-09-2010, 04:34 AM
Ahh, wait... did you mean a USED one? If you can find one, obviously it would be less! IF you can find one... Still, I'd try to come up with the extra money to get a new Mainland. The cedar concert is $259, but a mahogany concert is $219. The zippered semi-hard case is about $40.

olgoat52
08-12-2010, 06:56 AM
You might contact Mike at Mainland ukes and see if he has a list of folks interested in factory seconds. You could probably get in under $200 and his ukes are great. Way past just a student model.

I'm looking to buy a concert uke as a long-term loaner for a noob player friend I hope to be teaching a few lessons once I get back from Afghanistan.

Looking for a decent-quality concert uke with a solid top (or all-solid). Case nice but not obligatory. If perchance someone has a cedar top, that'd be awesome as I've been meaning to mess with one of those.

Thanks for any leads.

Ahnko Honu
08-12-2010, 07:21 AM
Makai Concert Ukulele with Hardshell case!! Solid Cedar Top, Juneberry Back & Sides, Ebony Fingerboard, Gotoh Tuners, Bone Nut & Saddle, Free Shipping.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Makai-Concert-Ukulele-Hardshell-case-/180544933712?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0