WTB: Concert uke with solid top <$200 (ideally cedar-top)

MatthewVanitas

Reaction score
WTB: used Concert uke with solid top <$200 (ideally cedar-top)

I'm looking to buy a concert uke as a long-term loaner for a noob player friend I hope to be teaching a few lessons once I get back from Afghanistan.

Looking for a decent-quality concert uke with a solid top (or all-solid). Case nice but not obligatory. If perchance someone has a cedar top, that'd be awesome as I've been meaning to mess with one of those.

Thanks for any leads.

Last edited:
Hmmm... if you could go about $60 higher you could get a Mainland Cedar Top Concert. That wouldn't include shipping or a case, however. The only other solid cedar top concert I can think of is the Kala KA-KCG, but it's $309 from MGM. That includes a case and shipping. Personally, I would try to come up with the extra money to get a Mainland. I have a Mainland cedar pineapple, and it sounds great, and the combination of the cedar top with the dark rosewood back and sides is, in my opinion, stunning.

Ahh, wait... did you mean a USED one? If you can find one, obviously it would be less! IF you can find one... Still, I'd try to come up with the extra money to get a new Mainland. The cedar concert is $259, but a mahogany concert is $219. The zippered semi-hard case is about $40.

You might contact Mike at Mainland ukes and see if he has a list of folks interested in factory seconds. You could probably get in under $200 and his ukes are great. Way past just a student model.

I'm looking to buy a concert uke as a long-term loaner for a noob player friend I hope to be teaching a few lessons once I get back from Afghanistan.

Looking for a decent-quality concert uke with a solid top (or all-solid). Case nice but not obligatory. If perchance someone has a cedar top, that'd be awesome as I've been meaning to mess with one of those.

Thanks for any leads.

Top Bottom