NFL Football 2010

seeso

Super Duper Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
Any predictions? Who's your favorite team? Are the Cowboys going to play a Superbowl in their home stadium?

I'm a huge NFL fan. Can't wait for the season to begin. The Bears are my team. We have a lot of questions this year. If we don't make the playoffs, Lovie Smith will probably be gone. I like Lovie, he got us to the Superbowl not too long ago.

The biggest question facing the Bears this year is the offensive line. We have a young player protecting Cutler's blind side in Chris Williams. Cutler's going to need time to throw in new offensive coordinator Mike Martz' scheme. It seems like we have battles to see who sucks the least in three spots on the line. Only Williams and Olin Kreutz' jobs look secure.

Our wide receivers are still young and unproven. Martz loves them, but everything is roses in training camp. Can they digest his complicated scheme?

The other big issue is the secondary. We got Chris Harris back from Carolina this year. We should have never let him go. We've had over 20 changes in starters in the secondary the past couple of years, and Harris should help. One of our CB's is brittle, and the other is young. I'm hoping that a healthy Tommie Harris and new DE Julius Peppers will have a positive effect on the secondary.

There's a lot to be optimistic about -- the additions of Julius Peppers and Chester Taylor are huge pluses. We have 3 former head coaches on our staff. I like Tice coaching the O-line, Marinelli as Defensive Coordinator and Martz coaching the offense.

My prediction? I think they can win 9 or 10 games. If Favre comes back, I think we split with the Vikings. I think we split with the Packers, too. We sweep the Lions. It's one of the toughest divisions in football, but I like our chances, especially if Favre doesn't come back.

We make the playoffs as a wild card and lose to Dallas in the divisional round.

Huge Cowboys fan here. I can't help, I was born in Fort Worth and grew up in Irving, home of the Cowboys until last season. My expectations are always high and I'd love to see a Super Bowl return, but I don't think it will be this year. My prediction, Cowboys make it to the NFC Championship game but lose to, I hate to say it, the Packers.

I seem to remember a prediction last year about the Bears. How did that work out? :)

I personally am a Steelers fan and I think they have a tough season ahead. With Big Ben out 6 (maybe 4) games. Leftwich will be a good fill in though. If they can get the running game moving they should be ok for the first few games, hopefully 3-3.

The division is pretty tough, with Cincy doing well and Baltimore always playing tough. Browns, well what can I say except they are there.

Aloha Seeso,

My prediction is that we'll all be playing our ukes at commercial time to squeeze in a few more minutes of practice time. lol...I caught the game between Dallas and the Bengals yesterday as well. Hopefully, we're in for a great season of NFL.

best,
Shawn

http://ukulelefriend.com

I'm ready for the season to start. I'm a big Seahawks fan, but there are so many changes this year I can't even attempt to predict what will happen with them. The NFC West once again appears to be wide open though since Kurt Warner retired.

I seem to remember a prediction last year about the Bears. How did that work out? :)

Who's your team? Mine is, of course, Da Bears. I've never been more excited for a Bears season than I am for this one coming up. I think we have a good shot at a bye week for the first round of the playoffs.

Yes, Jay Cutler will make that much of a difference.

No comment. :p

Go Packers!

It is no fun being in a town with no NFL team. I'm a rabid college football fan (Fight on 'SC! -- though my poor alma mater might be in for a couple rough years, thanks Reggie Bush!!!) but I just can't get into the NFL since I have nobody to root for.

I usually root for teams with former Trojans on them, so I briefly cheered for the Saints (no more since Reggie is persona non grata to me, though I am glad they won the Super Bowl for the folks in New Orleans), the Bengals and the Arizona Cardinals. I liked Mark Sanchez when he was at 'SC but I would not root for a New York team under penalty of death (those Red Sox ties run too deep for me). So I figured I might casually root for Seattle, since they have Pete Carroll and a host of former Trojans.

As annoyed as I am with Pete for racing out the door before the cavalry hit us with NCAA sanctions, and despite the fact that I renamed my miniature Trojan Garden Gnome (who instead of Pete, is now "Pete Isabutt")...sigh, I just can't stay mad at him. I don't know if it is his boyish enthusiasm or gung ho attitude, I just still have a soft spot in my heart for Pete Caroll. And hey, how fun would it be to root for an underdog? So umm, I guess, go Seahawks???

Any predictions? Who's your favorite team? Are the Cowboys going to play a Superbowl in their home stadium?

I'm a huge NFL fan. Can't wait for the season to begin. The Bears are my team. We have a lot of questions this year. If we don't make the playoffs, Lovie Smith will probably be gone. I like Lovie, he got us to the Superbowl not too long ago.

The biggest question facing the Bears this year is the offensive line. We have a young player protecting Cutler's blind side in Chris Williams. Cutler's going to need time to throw in new offensive coordinator Mike Martz' scheme. It seems like we have battles to see who sucks the least in three spots on the line. Only Williams and Olin Kreutz' jobs look secure.

Our wide receivers are still young and unproven. Martz loves them, but everything is roses in training camp. Can they digest his complicated scheme?

The other big issue is the secondary. We got Chris Harris back from Carolina this year. We should have never let him go. We've had over 20 changes in starters in the secondary the past couple of years, and Harris should help. One of our CB's is brittle, and the other is young. I'm hoping that a healthy Tommie Harris and new DE Julius Peppers will have a positive effect on the secondary.

There's a lot to be optimistic about -- the additions of Julius Peppers and Chester Taylor are huge pluses. We have 3 former head coaches on our staff. I like Tice coaching the O-line, Marinelli as Defensive Coordinator and Martz coaching the offense.

My prediction? I think they can win 9 or 10 games. If Favre comes back, I think we split with the Vikings. I think we split with the Packers, too. We sweep the Lions. It's one of the toughest divisions in football, but I like our chances, especially if Favre doesn't come back.

We make the playoffs as a wild card and lose to Dallas in the divisional round.

Seeso, I didn't know. THis is like dirty talk to me :) I have plenty of thoughts.

I am feeling a little rough today after driving to Bmore to watch the Ravens Panthers preseason game last night. How exciting is the new season going to be. I am a DIE HARD Ravens fan. I am wacco for Flacco and all that good stuff. For the Ravens, the additions of Stalworth and Boldin are HUGE. It's gonna be a challenging division though. Cleveland has Delhomme which is a huge unknown, but I still expect them to fall short. Cinci is gonna be sick with the CO TO show. Carson better be on his A game though. That could blow up in his face. Pittsburgh is ... well... Pittsburgh. Leftwich is a stud. He will do well. Rothlisberger will do well when he comes back (as long as he can quit raping people...allegedly). There are 3 solid teams and one unknown in the AFC North. We shall see....

PS - I have a large amount of disdain for the Steelers living in central PA so excuse me if my views are a bit biased.

I am feeling a little rough today after driving to Bmore to watch the Ravens Panthers preseason game last night. How exciting is the new season going to be. I am a DIE HARD Ravens fan. I am wacco for Flacco and all that good stuff. For the Ravens, the additions of Stalworth and Boldin are HUGE. It's gonna be a challenging division though. Cleveland has Delhomme which is a huge unknown, but I still expect them to fall short. Cinci is gonna be sick with the CO TO show. Carson better be on his A game though. That could blow up in his face. Pittsburgh is ... well... Pittsburgh. Leftwich is a stud. He will do well. Rothlisberger will do well when he comes back (as long as he can quit raping people...allegedly). There are 3 solid teams and one unknown in the AFC North. We shall see....

PS - I have a large amount of disdain for the Steelers living in central PA so excuse me if my views are a bit biased.

If Favre comes back, your division and our division are the toughest in football. I'm a fan of Flacco, too. It'll be interesting to see how he does with an elite wide receiver. Ray Rice did awesome for me last year in fantasy. I'm looking for an even better year from him.

If Favre comes back, your division and our division are the toughest in football. I'm a fan of Flacco, too. It'll be interesting to see how he does with an elite wide receiver. Ray Rice did awesome for me last year in fantasy. I'm looking for an even better year from him.

Flacco may be a dark horse in fantasy with Stallworth, Boldin, and Mason.

49ers. Maybe after years of suckyness they can pull out a miracle. I think Singletary is great, Alex Smith - not so much. Maybe the new kid quarterback will get some playing time. Last year he looked good.

And I know it means beans, but we've got one pre-season game under our belt. WWWWHHHHHOOOOOOOOOHHHHAAAAA!

Top Bottom