Post your customized Flea/Fluke pics

NatalieS

Reaction score
It seems like several members have done neat stuff with their Fleas and Flukes, like custom painting, adding decals, etc. I'll start...

My concert Fluke, custom painted by MooglyMoo with a Fred 'n Ginger theme.

flukefull.jpg

flukesoundboard.jpg

Last edited:
Love your Fluke, Natalie. OK, I guess I'm next. Mine was painted by Alex Olivera of Real Pinstriping, www.realpinstriping.com. He works out of Plymouth, MA spring through fall and Naples, FL in the winter. I bought the Fluke from MGM with the peghead and rosewood upgrades and had it shipped straight to Alex in FL this past winter. I told Alex that I wanted the uke wielding Tiki witch doctor but that was it. He took it from there.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 128
  • Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 029.jpg
    Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 029.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 145
  • Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 030.jpg
    Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 030.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 034.jpg
    Fluke, Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre 034.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 102
dkcrown, that is possibly the coolest looking Fluke I have seen. Awesomely lovely!

Mine are downright tame compared to your guy's artistic creations but I'm a conservative fellow. :D

My Fluke with Honu decals & Kala Red strings to match
P1010205.jpg

My Natural Flea with inlay decals
P1010043.jpg

dkcrown, that is possibly the coolest looking Fluke I have seen. Awesomely lovely!

Thanks Cletus. And like all of the Flukes, it sounds great too!

Ahnko, love the Kala Reds with the honu. I was looking for some green strings for my Fluke, but came up empty. I had some orange and black striped strings made for my singing treholipee by Guadalupe custom strings, but they are wound and I prefer a smooth string.

My Banksy Flea

Serves as my Travel-Uke too!

vgqwb9.jpg

WOW! micromue, is that a painting or decal? Whatever it is, it's really neat.

Thanks a lot. It is a rub on decal, that only transfers the motif and not the background to the surface. I grabbed the motif from the web, turned it into a vector graphic and had the decal custom made. About 20$.

Thanks a lot. It is a rub on decal, that only transfers the motif and not the background to the surface. I grabbed the motif from the web, turned it into a vector graphic and had the decal custom made. About 20$.

That is truly cool.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a "vector graphic"? And who made your decal for you? That's a really good idea!

P.S. Does anyone know if vinyl wall decals would stay well on a Flea? The ones that you peel off and look like a custom painting on your wall? I've had my eye on these for a lava Flea: http://cgi.ebay.com/BLUE-FISH-WALL-...CKERS-240-/250678827017?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a "vector graphic"? And who made your decal for you? That's a really good idea!

A Vector graphic is needed when you want your printable image to be scalable to any size or detail. If you just grab a picture from the web (e.g. a bitmap graphic) and change its size, it will get really blurry when printed. Either you happen to find your favourite motif already in .svg format on the internet or you change the format of your motif with a graphic program. In my case I had a graphic designer at hand who did this for me.

The decal itself was made by a manufacturer who specializes in customized car decals. I told them the size of the decal and the material/structure of the instruments surface to which it would be applied and they made an unremovable rub on decal. Worked out well and stays forever.

Samuel Flores Fluke

Aloha,

Here is my custom designed Fluke using designs by artist Samuel Flores.

P1000114.jpg
[/IMG]

P1000113.jpg
[/IMG]

Alastair.

Ditto alastairbird that is amazing. All of your Fleas and Flukes are so creative. I love what you all have done to them. Natalie's pics weren't there.

I guess there's nothing really 'custom' about mine, save for the pretty colored tuners and strings I put on it. Always liked this design as it was such a lovely, bright picture, I just juiced up the "bright and bubbly" meter a little with some add-ons. :)

DSCF6888.jpgDSCF6886.jpg

She's now surfing her way across the pacific to a new home. Safe travels my little surfer girl...

Top Bottom