Helsinki extreme build

Great photos Pete. Looks like a good time was had by all.
I especially liked the improvised Go-bar decks.
I suppose you must have asked what everyone wanted to build beforehand as there seemed to be sopranos, concerts and even a slot-head tenor.

Edit. Just been 'down under'. Might have known Ken was behind that Go-bar deck! ;)

Last edited:
Including mine...
5 Tenors
1 Concert
5 Sopranos

email me your address Jens for replacement saddle... Did your wife think it was worth it?

Yeah, those go-bar stools are great. You can clamp a tenor underneath while you sit on top and play a soprano ;)

Great photos, Pete. I'm booked till the end of the year, but next year I hope I can fit in a workshop....

Man! I'd love to do something like that. It looks like you all really had a great time.

Hey Pete, great pics--I see you got some media coverage while there, too. Most exciting. I'm curious as to why you choose Finland. Any family there, per chance?

This year we had a Californian from Hong Kong, an engineer from Germany, A high school graduate from Denmark, two high level professionals from London, a radio producer, 2 teachers, a guy working in advertising and 2 students at luthiery school. It was a truly international experience located in a great place.

NiceGroupShot.jpg

I get a school workshop for free (Kudos to Harri and his school in Hameenlinna)

SolerasGluing.jpg

A lodge with suana, lake for fishing and swimming for a very reasonable price and a chance to be away from Wales

NightTimebarbie.jpg

Please book early for my next build - we only have 8 places.

Last edited:
Hi Pete, thanks for the photos. The Gobar Deck adaptation was very ingeneous ! Pressing frets down with a drillpress also caught my eye! HB

Hmmm
I was thinking this would be a good class....But the box-o-wine in the last pic is a deal breaker :p

Curiously enough, the boxed wine was provided by our Californian who BTW had the previous week won the 100 metres butterfly in the Guthenburg 50 -54 masters...

There are other photos of men fishing (none taken in sauna sadly) and ukulele playing, people eating - it was so much more than a bunch of enthusiasts racing against time to build an ukulele!

Last edited:
Top Bottom