broken neck

You should probably a) get it fixed professionally if the cost isn't too dear or b) buy a new one if this one wasn't very expensive. You could try and glue and clamp it over night if the pieces fit back together well, but it appears the headstock overlaps the lower neck rather than the other way around, which is the opposite of what I've been taught to make a strong scarf joint uke neck (which is essentially what you'd be doing if you chose to glue and clamp it, at least as far as I can tell from the photo you posted). Perhaps some more experienced luthiers can chime in as to whether that's a bad idea or not. Try posting some better photos (photo tip, wait for daylight, and take it outside, put the light source behind you/over your shoulder--the trick to get rid of the blur is to get better light).

Last edited:
honestly, i really have no idea. it was laying on my bed when i walked in. i heard a snap and then i see this horrible sight.

Hard to gain a lot of info from that picture. If it is a clean break exposing fresh wood. (that is, if it didn't split on the glue line) it is a simple repair. You need to be sure that the two pieces don't slide past each other when clamped. Use titebond, apply even pressure and let it sit in the clamps for 24 hours. If you haven't done a lot of woodworking you should find someone who has some experience. All you will need is the glue, a couple of clamps, a couple of cauls to protect the finish and a method to pin the two pieces in place. If it split on the glue joint more info is needed in order to know what to do.

wow...the neck broke and it went way out of focus. Must have been a bad day
How about some better pics? Maybe its an easy fix

Top Bottom