Flea questions

Rick

Reaction score
So I'm hoping I can spring the 200 on a new Flea and I have a couple questions. When does it come with a wood fretboard, instead of plastic, can you put slotted headstock tuners on a Flea, and is the intonation still just as good with the soprano?

So I'm hoping I can spring the 200 on a new Flea and I have a couple questions. When does it come with a wood fretboard, instead of plastic, can you put slotted headstock tuners on a Flea, and is the intonation still just as good with the soprano?

1. when you order it with a rosewood freatboard (75 dollar upgrade option)

2. i guess so but I don't think they can be ordered that way. I have seen some that people have put geared tuners on. (if that is what you mean by slotted headstock tuners)

3 every flea i have played or heard about has just about perfect intonation soprano, concert, tenor, rosewood or plastic.

All these questins can probably be better answered at www.fleamarketmusic.com as they make em.

duh aha they're just regular geared tuners. Alright! I'm more than likely going to buy a nice soprano :]

Trust me - the friction tuners on the stock flea are very good quality and you'll have no bother. Its a simple light little instrument so be careful putting gears on it - make make it top heavy?

Amen to Paul, the friction tuners that come stock are not bad at all. I'm a geared tuner kind of guy but on both my Flea, and Fluke they have stayed in tune no problem so I have not had any desire to upgrade them. Also the headstock on Fleas and Flukes are not as thick as those on 'ukuleles designed from the start to have geared tuners on a slotted head. The geared tuner base will be wider than the thickness of the Flea/Fluke headstock so you'll need to file the base edges down to make flush which may expose the brass on chrome plated brass tuners. There may be a company that makes geared tuners with a narrower base but I'm not aware of any.

Top Bottom