Eleukes-- where have they all gone?

tad

Reaction score
I just got sniped on an ebay auction for a Bugsgear Eleuke.

It seems like there were a good number of them available a couple months ago, on ebay, and in stores. Now MGM only has one listed (and a custom... and it's a tenor, which is more expensive, and not really what I want anyway...) and that's about the only one I can find anywhere.

Anyone have any idea why they're getting so much harder to find all the sudden?

Now I'm thinking about maybe looking at Konablasters... I need a solid body so I can practice without bothering the roommates...

I found one (slightly mislabled) on ebay...

Now I have to sell my Ovation.

There's a post going up in the Marketplace section...

There was one for raffle at the Uke in June event in Helsinki tonight. The neck looked a bit rough but the body was gorgeous. Small, but gorgeous.

There was one for raffle at the Uke in June event in Helsinki tonight. The neck looked a bit rough but the body was gorgeous. Small, but gorgeous.

Rough how?
Rough like, "I may need to file down those fret edges a bit,"
or rough like, "God, that's ugly workmanship. Were they drunk when they built that?"

More closer to the second. Nah, the frets were fine. But it didn't look like they were outright drunk, maybe just a little tipsy. ;)

I kid I kid, it's completely functional and will bend to your will, I think it was the just the grain of the wood is all.

More closer to the second. Nah, the frets were fine. But it didn't look like they were outright drunk, maybe just a little tipsy. ;)

I kid I kid, it's completely functional and will bend to your will, I think it was the just the grain of the wood is all.

+1 i do have to agree with you on that...mine is kinda like...cheap wood?...i guess...i can't come up really with the right word....but I LOVE my eleuke nonetheless.

PM MGM on here, i'm sure he can set you up!

The only reason I keep my Eleuke is because I can play it with the my wife in the same room without her shooting the evil eye at me.

So the eleukes don't make much noise with out an amp? Can you plug headphones in and hear it? I was wondering cause I might get one once the weather gets cold agian so I can play at work without getting on other peoples nerves.

So the eleukes don't make much noise with out an amp? Can you plug headphones in and hear it? I was wondering cause I might get one once the weather gets cold agian so I can play at work without getting on other peoples nerves.

Mine has an amp and a headphone jack. When it's played without an amp, it's audible, like an unplugged electric guitar, but not nearly as loud as a traditional ukulele.

For a second there, I thought you were talking about me.

The only reason I keep my Eleuke is because I can play it with the my wife in the same room without her shooting the evil eye at me.

That's a giant plus, though.
I'm getting one so I can practice when I'm awake at three am, without getting kicked out of the house by my roommates.

I bought the Eleuke for quiet play as well as I'm still a noob. My eleuke has allowed me additional and much needed practice time: when I carpool to work, (4 hrs/wk) when I watch da tube wit my wife (4 hrs/wk), when I get banished to the doghouse downstairs (30 Hrs/wk) JK :)

Also for those interested if you pick up a used model without the built in headphone amp don't despair, you can pick up one of these Vox Headphone guitar amps for $40 and rock out in your own little ukulele world. I love my eleluke! Thanks MGM.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Amplug-Metal-Headphone-Amp?sku=481678&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=141652978

So... The place I originally ordered one fell through-- they had to wait another three weeks to get another one, and though they offered to throw in a second acoustic/electric uke free-- a noname, but still... I was tempted.

But then I saw MGM had a tenor for the same price I'd paid for the Soprano I was getting. I asked the first vendor for a refund and ordered a tenor from Mike.

So in the next week I'm going to be gettin' a fancy new Tenor Eleuke from MGM...

Best uke dealer there is.

We're giving away an Eleuke in the next contest. Sponsored by MGM of course since he is the authorized dealer around these parts.

The neck on mine looked rough but it wasn't to the touch - it seemed a bit dry, but it was smooth and easy to play. No splinters or rough spots I can feel. I used some fretboard oil and will continue to oil it, and hope that it's just dry wood. But it doesn't affect play.

I bought an Eleuke about 3 months ago from MGM and he had several for sale at that time. It's a neat little instrument and I can play it with headphones on and not drive the wife crazy.

Top Bottom