Kiwaya KTS-7 Mahogany Soprano Ukulele 3M style

shrink9

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience playing the Kiwaya KTS-7 Mahogany Soprano Ukulele 3M style? MGM praises the instrument and compares it with a Martin Style 3.

Just wondering what you all know about Kiwaya as well as this particular model.

Last edited:
I've never played one or seen one in person, but the people over at the UMGF (Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum) seem to love these little ukes. One member even sold his Martin ukes and kept the Kiwaya. If I weren't a poor college student and saving every penny so that I can eat during my PhD program, I would snatch a Kiwaya up from MGM right now. I have been UAS-ing for a good soprano lately, though... If you love that Martin sound but are put off by the price tag of the Martin (or just can't find one), get a Kiwaya. You should be able to find some info about Kiwayas, especially the KST-7 over at UMGF.

Lil

I have played a KTS-7 and I want one really, really bad. I can't do you much good if you're wanting comparison to a 3M, though, as I haven't played the real thing. I thought the KTS-7 sounded sweet and I kept thinking what it really needed was to be played a lot and loosened up. I also remember being surprised by how much it did NOT weigh.

Aloha,
Never tried one, but heard they're Japan's version of the martin....alot cheaper
Not sure how they sound too, but then again every ukulele sound is individual..
Quality and price usaully dictates more consistancy, but not always.....
A ukulele in the hand is usually better than one ordered....Good Luck!!MM Stan..

Top Bottom