PDA

View Full Version : The Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway!

bassfiddlesteve
08-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Tickets are now on sale and we have a great lineup:

Jim & Liz Beloff, Victoria Vox, Gerald Ross, Craig Robertson, The Barnkickers and Haole Kats!

We'll have workshops, a concert, jam sessions, raffle prizes (including a custom built LoPrinzi ukulele), vendors, a ukulele swap meet and a poolside luau with live Hawaiian music. We'll being screening the film "Mighty Uke" and have exclusive DVD's and t-shirts for sale. Jim Beloff will be leading a song session featuring his new 365 song "The Daily Ukulele"...his biggest book ever! You can get a discounted room at the lakeside resort where the event is being held and all of the proceeds go to a non-profit group that helps children with autsim. And did I mention Victoria Vox? ;)

Check it out here! (http://www.tampabayukulele.com/)

- Steve

JT_Ukes
09-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Hey Mods! Can we Get this marked as a sticky Till after the Event?

Thanks,

JT

bassfiddlesteve
09-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Hey Mods! Can we Get this marked as a sticky Till after the Event?

Here here! Seeso, you owe me one for that bagel back in '08 ;)

- Steve

Hippie Dribble
09-19-2010, 06:38 PM
:drool::drool::drool:

:wallbash:

shrink9
09-20-2010, 04:34 AM
Dang! I'd love to go to this festival; however, I have tickets to see Jake that Saturday night in Chicago. Choices!!!!!

You have a great lineup.

My best wishes for a fun festival!

Ukulele Dave
09-20-2010, 05:55 AM
Tickets are now on sale and we have a great lineup:

Jim & Liz Beloff, Victoria Vox, Gerald Ross, Craig Robertson, The Barnkickers and Haole Kats!

We'll have workshops, a concert, jam sessions, raffle prizes (including a custom built LoPrinzi ukulele), vendors, a ukulele swap meet and a poolside luau with live Hawaiian music. We'll being screening the film "Mighty Uke" and have exclusive DVD's and t-shirts for sale. Jim Beloff will be leading a song session featuring his new 365 song "The Daily Ukulele"...his biggest book ever! You can get a discounted room at the lakeside resort where the event is being held and all of the proceeds go to a non-profit group that helps children with autsim. And did I mention Victoria Vox?

Check it out here! (http://www.tampabayukulele.com/)

- Steve

Hey Steve

I can't wait!! I only wish it were sooner hah. Sadly I missed you guys at the South Florida Uke Fest, but rest assured I wouldn't miss the Tampa Bay Getaway for the world....or even Jake ;P :2cents:.
We will be bringing the lot from the Florida Ukulele Network as well, should be an awesome time. I'll have to get Vox to sign the inside of my Pineapple Sunday :drool:

bassfiddlesteve
09-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks Dave, I look forward to seeing you in November. I'll make sure Victoria has an extra-long pen.

- Steve

Ukulele Dave
09-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Thanks Dave, I look forward to seeing you in November. I'll make sure Victoria has an extra-long pen.

- Steve

Haha how thoughtful, I was actually thinking the heck with it I'll just unstring it for her, but that could work too :D

I'll be eager to meet both of you until then,

Dave

bassfiddlesteve
10-04-2010, 03:03 PM
It's one month away! :eek:

- Steve

hoosierhiver
10-05-2010, 04:13 AM
Planning on it!

bassfiddlesteve
10-05-2010, 06:19 AM
That's right...Mainland will be a vendor so you can meet Mike and Tootka and handpick a new Mainland ukulele!

- Steve

MangoMon
10-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Looks great. I'm going to try to make it.

JT_Ukes
10-12-2010, 03:53 PM
That's right...Mainland will be a vendor so you can meet Mike and Tootka and handpick a new Mainland ukulele!

- Steve

Any ideas on how to Hide a new Ukulele? I need to start planing now...

bassfiddlesteve
10-12-2010, 04:37 PM
You'll be playing it too much to hide it. Just tell her you won it as a raffle prize.

- Steve

hoosierhiver
10-15-2010, 04:26 AM
It's getting cold here in Indiana, I'm really looking forward to a warm weekend of ukulele poolside.

bassfiddlesteve
10-25-2010, 04:39 AM
Our festival is less than two weeks away so here are some important points:

*The legendary Fred Fallin has been added as a workshop presenter.

*Photos of the many ukuleles that will be raffled off can be viewed on the website (with more to come).

*Tickets are limited and are selling fast, so we may not be able to offer them at the door. An RSVP on the Tampa Bay Ukulele Society meetup site or facebook does not guarantee you a spot on Saturday & Sunday, so please order your tickets soon if you plan to attend!

The details are all here at the event website (http://www.tampabayukulele.com). Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

- Steve

Uke Republic
10-25-2010, 05:59 PM
I'm happy to be coming to Tampa Bay! Woot! Woot! Can't wait to meet the whole lot of yas in person

Uke Republic
10-27-2010, 12:33 PM
I'll be there repping Ohana fine ukuleles by Uke republic of course. Can't wait!!!!

Mim
10-27-2010, 01:06 PM
So excited about this! I need a weekend away.

bassfiddlesteve
10-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Jim & Liz Beloff just sent 50 copies of their fantastic new song book "The Daily Ukulele: 365 Songs for Better Living". They will be sale in the vendor area and I'm sure the Beloff's won't mind signing a few copies.

They were also kind enough to mention me in the "Thank You" section :o

- Steve

bassfiddlesteve
11-01-2010, 05:23 AM
We made the front page of today's Tampa Tribune! :D

Link to online version. (http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/nov/01/MENEWSO1-you-too-can-play-the-uke/)

- Steve

hoosierhiver
11-01-2010, 06:44 AM
Great story, I'm packing my swim trunks!

Mim
11-02-2010, 04:50 AM
It is sooooooooooooo cold here.... sooooooooooo cold. I need warm air and sunshine! It is soooooooooo cold!

bassfiddlesteve
11-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Even if you're not planning to attend the festival this weekend, Florida uke players will still want to stop by and browse the vendor area in the Lake Tarpon Resort lobby which is open to the public. We will be displaying ukuleles by LoPrinzi, Kiwaya, Mainland, Ohana, Kala, Makai and Eleuke (electric solidbody). There will also be CD's, books, videos and accessories for sale and our "swap meet" table will feature used and vintage ukuleles and music. It's really an unprecedented opportunity to shop for a ukulele here in Florida, from affordable starter ukes to beautiful handcrafted instruments.

The best time to come and browse the vendor area will be on Saturday while the festival attendees are at the workshops, from 10am to 12pm and from 2pm to 5pm. Most of the vendors will also be set up on Sunday too. You can also purchase raffle tickets to win one of the many fine ukuleles we will be giving away during this event (see the website for details).

If you do plan to attend on Saturday or Sunday, you'll want to purchase your tickets soon as space is limited and we may not have many (or any) tickets left to sell at the door. Please contact me if you plan to purchase your tickets at the event or if you have any questions about this weekend's festival.

Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway (http://www.tampabayukulele.com)

- Steve

bassfiddlesteve
11-03-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm sorry to announce that Jim & Liz Beloff will be unable to attend our festival. We have adjusted the event schedule to include additional workshops and Fred Fallin has been added to the Saturday evening concert lineup.

- Steve

CaptainSkip
11-08-2010, 05:43 AM
I had a great time. The vendors were interesting, the workshops were great and the music fantastic! I really enjoyed meeting so many people. Can't wait until next year!

bassfiddlesteve
11-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Here are some pics from the festival:

Link to slideshow (http://www.tampabayukulele.com/tampa-bay-ukulele-getaway.html)

- Steve

bassfiddlesteve
11-22-2010, 05:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncJ7Wplcshk

- Steve