KA-TEME3 Tenor EQ

lindydanny

Reaction score
I just got the box in the door and took it out of the case! Bought Friday from MGM on ebay. Seriously fast shipping! I'll do a full review later, but for now I have to say this is a huge upgrade from my Mitchell MU-70 concert. The built in tuner is too cool, and it is absolutely without a doubt gorgeous!

~DB

Needs pics.

no pics, no uke! ;)

So far, the uke is great. Out of the box, the setup provided by MGM makes it immediately playable. With the on board tuner, I was playing in a couple moments.

The sound has a bright tone and plenty of volume without being plugged in. I think this is due to a slightly thinner laminate top then I am used to. When I plugged it into my amp (Fender 212R Frontman) I got the same good tone. It is very live and the piezo will pick up some unintended sounds like taps on the top.

Compared to my first uke (Mitchell MU-70), the neck is a huge improvement by itself. I think the Mitchell is intended for people who are use to the relatively thick guitar neck. It was causing some trouble fretting things lower on the board because of a bump. This tenor does not have the same issue. The neck is thinner and has plenty of clearance for my hands. Again, setup on the frets from MGM were great.

This came with a canvas, hard foam case with a couple of straps for slinging. The case is good but not special.

It wouldn't be a good review without a con, and I'm having a little trouble finding one. The only thing I can find is a slight (and I do mean slight) indention in the finish. I wouldn't have even saw it if it wasn't for the light hitting it just right.

I'll probably post a review later on after I have had the chance to play it for a while. Also, I'll post a short vid so you can see and hear it. But, in the mean time, here are a couple of pics:

DSCI0699.JPG
DSCI0700.JPG

Congrats on getting a sharp looking uke. Yes MGM does a GREAT job!!!!!

Top Bottom