So tempting.... but I really shouldn't....

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Reaction score
really dont wish to offend, but I'm NOT with you on the shape or the inlay....

Like the headstock though!

Dont like those negative comments though dude - a bit of a common thread of "these are junk"?

I agree about the guy's reputation, and I won't buy from him. There's another builder from somewhere in Asia that sells on ebay and has a much better reputation....too bad this isn't his.

But I do like the look. Funny....I thought the headstock was the weakest part of this uke. Check the asymmetry of the string slots. I guess there's not much in the way of symmetry in the whole instrument, though....

Looks kinda cheap. You can see crude in the sound holes and paint on the nut. But it is pretty.

Bruce Wei has a much better feedback but again not in this shape you want. The feedback for Antonio Tsai is scary. I wonder where he gets all his Koa from??? Maybe Acacia confusa? Not real Koa but related.

Last edited:
I've read how many were very unhappy with Antonio Tsai's wares.

Don't become one of them.

If you like the shape of that ukulele, I own one that has a similar shape. It is a very nice ukulele, and not cheaply made either.

ASD2.JPG

John

Aloha Mailman,
You're right not to offend, It's something different to look at...but jus wondering with all the design changes, how does it sound..
When you change things around from a known design that works sound wise, you could be looking into alot of sound issues....but like
the previous post said....okay to look at... MM Stan..

Top Bottom