Mainland Black Cedar Concert

Pukulele Pete

Reaction score
Here is the first pic of my Black Cedar Mainland Concert. I couldnt wait till it was done, I still have to put a couple coats of clear on it. I'm really pleased with how well it is coming out. I've been lusting after a black uke for a long time. I've only painted the soundboard........so far.
Special thanks to Mike.

Attachments

• CIMG3491..jpg
    CIMG3491..jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
What are you using for paint?

While it's normally not my thing, that uke is HOT! Excited to see it all strung up! :)

Looking real sexy!

That's nice. Are you leaving the rest of it natural?

Really stunning. Not sure if I would paint any more of it or leave it natural--looks great!

Yes , i'm going to leave it alone, just have to put some clear coats on top. I want to leave it for a week and then give it a light sanding before putting on the clear coats. This is a damaged uke I bought from Mike at Mainland. The top was broken and dented from a run in with the blades of a forklift. I fixed the top the best I could and thought it would look good black. I gave the top a light sanding and masked it off with 3M 1/8 inch masking tape. I'm going to change the saddle and when it is done I'll post some pics .

Looks nice with only the top black.

I would think a matching black headstock would be a cool addition.

May not be worth the time to painstakingly mask the logo.

John

Looks nice with only the top black.

I would think a matching black headstock would be a cool addition.

May not be worth the time to painstakingly mask the logo.

John

I think that would look really cool if you took the time to do it.

When I said I might do more I was thinking of the headstock. I thought I might do the headstock black with a mother of pearl star inlay. I already have the mop star and have done one already on my grizzly kit. Stay tuned.

"It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black"

Ok, that got a BIG laugh from me! "It's like looking into a black mirror......"

Top Bottom