confused ebay seller

Saw an eBay ad the other day in which the seller claimed the Martin uke he was selling was "made in Hawaii"....

I would contact the seller...that's a pretty big oops. You really have to be careful becaue people read about these expensive brands then try to say their junk is gold...

And why on earth would they think that's a Kamaka?

I did email the seller a friendly note to set them straight. I'm baffled too as to why they came to that conclusion!

Since they're bulk liquidators, I'm assuming they just mixed up their listings and photos.

Yeah. I might have bid on the mandolin. It would be a real surprise to get a Kamaka instead.

Since they're bulk liquidators, I'm assuming they just mixed up their listings and photos.

That would be nice, however, the listing says, "You are bidding on a Vintage Kamaka Pineapple Ukulele Hawaii koa Wood.
This item is one of a kind Ive searched high and low and can't find one like this, it has perfect for collection or decoration.
The item has a pineapple shape and has an eagle on the front."

I don't he would mention the eagle that's on the mandolin if the photos were mixed up. I'd like to see what the seller says though

He just emailed me back and said he'd fix it. I did check his other listings to see if he had one for a Kamaka pineapple, but no such luck!

I think the poor guy just got flooded with emails. :D

I just looked at the listing. It's not 'fixed' yet... and it is a bowl-back mandolin... not a uke. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

No wonder he's "searched high and low and can't find another one like this"!

Listing still up unchanged which makes me suspect he's a fraud. I think he knows exactly what he has, and what it isn't.:mad:

With the number of people who have contacted this seller, there's no doubt he knows what it is. This is definitely a buyer beware situation, though - I mean, if you take him at his word and believe that a bowlback mandolin is really a Kamaka pineapple - you really need to do more homework...

Listing still up unchanged which makes me suspect he's a fraud. I think he knows exactly what he has, and what it isn't.:mad:

Time to post a pic for The Ebay Mod Squad...have that one handy, A.H.? Formerly used for UU's Mods?

Top Bottom