Those Nylguts are still calling my name

lambchop

Reaction score
I have Savarez Alliances on my Lanikai S-TEQ and Nylguts on my Boulder Creek. I love those Savarez - they feel sooooo good, but I just picked up my Aquila-equipped Boulder Creek and am loving that even more. They don't feel as smooth, of course, but they do sound good on my BC spruce top. Do you think it's the Boulder Creek I love or the Nylguts? Mike

All I can say is go with what you like. Looking for sound or feel? It's up to you. I liked the Aquilas on my Mainland soppranos and slapped on some Hilos. I love them!!! Exactly the warmth I was looking for!!! BTW I had Hilo tenors (plain high gs) on a Lanikai S-T and they sounded great. Why? The S-T is a great uke...and so is your Boulder. In short, trust yourself. Go for the sound YOU want...

I have Savarez Alliances on my Lanikai S-TEQ and Nylguts on my Boulder Creek. I love those Savarez - they feel sooooo good, but I just picked up my Aquila-equipped Boulder Creek and am loving that even more. They don't feel as smooth, of course, but they do sound good on my BC spruce top. Do you think it's the Boulder Creek I love or the Nylguts? Mike

Aloha Mike,
Just tried a new uke out with Nylguts....strings weren't broken in yet...but I noticed that the tension was alot higher than the regular Aquilla's.
Dropped the tuning and they sounded pretty good....but I think I prefer the regular Aquilla's better...just my preference...MM Stan..

Top Bottom