Sweetest sounding ukulele ever?

lambchop

Reaction score
OK, totally subjective, no right answer, but to your ear, what is the sweetest sounding ukulele in the world and why?

The one that knows the right notes.

Reason: They sound better then the wrong ones.

Gotta be my Kamaka baritone. It melts my brain.

For me it's BOTH my Mainlands which now, equipped with Hilos (underrated, even despised) possess a warm, articulate sexual magic.

The closest one to you at the time.

Obviously very subjective, but for me it has to be my Moore Bettah tenor. Thanks Chuck.

My 1915 Kumalae was awesome sounding due to super thin Koa top (light as a feather), and almost 100 year of playing. She was getting almost too delicate to play so sold to a collector as a wall hanger.

My Lanikai LU-21P
because its my only uke... :D

the next one

I just put strings on my Kiwaya kts-4 and my Mainland red cedar soprano .The strings are from Southcoast Ukes. They both sound really great. For the money the Mainland is truly a great sounding uke.

I really like my 2 Keith Ogata tenor ukuleles. They have a great sound and ring and to me they are really sweet sounding. I have tried other ukuleles and have not yet been tempted enough to part with either of them. The Kinohi with the side port always get's a "that's sick" response from a much younger crowd.

That said, I saw a Ukejon Youtube of him playing Time After Time on a Koa Works tenor. Whether you like the song or not, for some reason the sound he gets is so special, especially the high end. To me it is the sweetest sounding ukulele. It appears it is the just a mic'd acoustic without running through a pickup with eq.

If anyone wants so hear...

John

Last edited:
A friend of mine has a Kamaka Ohta-San, strung low g, and it's definitely the sweetest sounding uke I have ever heard or played. It's beautiful to look at and magic to the ears.

That said, I can't get enough of my KoAloha KTM-00 Tenor. I would play it all day every day if I could.

Last edited:
Top Bottom