I'm 40 today and my new uke is older than me...

didgeridoo2

Reaction score
Just your basic look at me, look at my latest uke acquisition thread. Today is my birthday. I'm 40. <sigh> But, a couple weeks ago I bought myself a vintage Favilla soprano off craigslist and I feel very fortunate to have done so. Its a U2 model and it's in superb shape for an almost 50 year old uke. What a sweet balanced tone. I put some aquila concert strings on it and I have to say that if I sold all my ukes except for this and my KoAloha Tenor, I would be happy enough. I won't, of course. ;), but you know what I'm saying.

To add to the excitement, my cousin (like a brother to me) and his wife had a baby boy early this morning, so I now can share my birthday with someone special...

Attachments

• IMAG0062..jpg
    IMAG0062..jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 69
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I reached this milestone myself earlier this year, and so far I can report that the fifth decade (ouch!) is pretty awesome.

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday! I am lucky to have a Favilla and I feel the same way, what a wonderful uke!

Just your basic look at me, look at my latest uke acquisition thread. Today is my birthday. I'm 40. <sigh> But, a couple weeks ago I bought myself a vintage Favilla soprano off craigslist and I feel very fortunate to have done so. Its a U2 model and it's in superb shape for an almost 50 year old uke.

Well, MY birthday was July 22 and I turned 50. Since your new acquisition is obviously too sophisticated for your likng, maybe you should bring it to the next Canogahana Players meeting and hand it over...

Happy birthday! Its your right to treat yourself, and havnt you treated yourself! beautiful uke. Treat her like a fine woman.. hold her softly, lovingly, and whisper sweet nothings into the headstock!

Aloha Didgerodoo2,
Happy Birthday Greetings and Congrats on your latest sweet aquisition....and guess you won't have any
excuses to forget his birthday!!he he...Have fun and "Keep on strumming them strings" MM Stan....

Happy birthday and thanks for sharing - it looks beautiful!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Those Favilla ukes are definitely something special. Lucky you!! :)

Happy birthday! Now, if I might, a question....

Why would you put concert strings on a soprano uke? Yours is not the first reference I've read about this. What is it I'm missing?

Happy Birthday, but nothing to sigh about turning forty. Having passed the half century mark a year and a half ago, I realized that there are many positive and unique things associated with every age. I wouldn't lament the fact that you are getting older, but celebrate it with fervor and look for new challenges. When I turned fifty , I finished climbing all of the tallest peaks in New Hampshire (48). Oh yeah, and I took up playing the ukulele. Best decision of my life. Enjoy that Favilla!

Happy Birthday you young sprout. I absolutely loved my forties. Actually I think I even like my fifties better. Life gets better and better all the time. ENJOY!!!

Beautiful uke and great picture! Happy birthday and congratulations.

Happy birthday! Now, if I might, a question....

Why would you put concert strings on a soprano uke? Yours is not the first reference I've read about this. What is it I'm missing?
It's what I had in my personal stock and I just assumed they would work. I think they are a little thicker, but they feel great.

Happy Birthday. Enjoy your new to you uke.

Top Bottom