help: ukulele bridge

Regster

Reaction score
I need a bridge for my cordoba and I order a tenor bridge from mainland do u guys think it will be ok to put a tenor size bridge on a concert ukulele? or should I call themn make the bridge a concert?

I would call them and have them change it from a tenor bridge to a concert. Otherwise it would look too large for the body IMO

String spacing on the tenor bridge is probably wider than the concert. Maybe too wide for the neck.

I didn't know they sold tenor bridges...hmmm
Call them and ask about the string spacing. They are usually pretty close in any uke size.
If the bridge is not pre-drilled for string ties, then its no problem to set it yourself. You can always cut the wings off the bridge or shorten them if it looks too big....or shape it to your liking

I have measured my Tenor, my Concert and my Soprano, the distance between string 1 and 4 is always 40 mm. On my second Soprano it is 42 mm.
Attention: The top of your Instrument might be slightly spherical, so you have to sand the underside of the bridge to the same radius.

thanks for all the info, I actually change it to a concert bridge instead of a tenor and I also bought a bone saddle to make it higher cuz the original set up was too low and now it sounded more better, lil more sustain n resonation plus it got rid on some of the buzzing on the a string woohooo :D its actually becoming my fav uke

Top Bottom