Something

Ukesista

Reaction score
This one is not as smooth playing as the others, it's more difficult and my strings felt like they were sticking to my fingers. I need more practice with this one, and I also think I am a bit limited with my fairly cheap uke and perhaps a more expensive one would be easier to play. When I get further up the neck the bar chords are really hard to get the notes to resonate.

Anyway hope you enjoy watching and listening :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBTtKzC-DEY

It sounds good to me! If your strings feel sticky it means you've been practicing. Get some Fingerease or Fast Fret string lube. It'll make your uke play like butter. And always wipe your uke with a clean cloth:rock:

It sounds good to me! If your strings feel sticky it means you've been practicing. Get some Fingerease or Fast Fret string lube. It'll make your uke play like butter. And always wipe your uke with a clean cloth:rock:

good tip! i never wipe mine.. its probably covered in enough oil and finger greese to cook a chicken in.. :eek:

Very nice Ukesista! and congrats on the UU member vid of the week!

Great job. I give all you guys credit for picking and strumming. I, for the life of me, cant get it. I rather just strum and sing. Again, great job. I wish I could get even a bit close to that.

Thanks Tokyo, I always wipe my uke, I think recording myself makes me feel nervous and my fingers feel clumsy. Didn't know about the fingergrease so thanks for that great tip.

Very nice Ukesista! and congrats on the UU member vid of the week!

Thanks deach I was totally surprised and overwhelmed by that one :D

You did a great job with that! I've been trying to play that one but haven't got very far yet. That sounded great! :music:

Thanks 14twelve, I'm glad I am inspiring you and other players to put up their videos.

Thanks to everyone else for watching my vids and all the support :)

Thanks Russ I'm hoping your gonna put up another Neil Young song, I've been working on a couple, but my vocals are crap!:eek:

i hope to get another one up soon. and your vocals are not crap. you did great on your Old Man cover. i look forward to more!:)

heres mine!!!
what you guys think?? the camera cut off at the end but its ok..
Im playing ; Something - The beatles.

i think im too close to the camera.
Ill learn next time, at least its not dark..

just realised that i made quite a few mistake... :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2ukpI0wM3Y

let me know what u think. cheers

:cool:

Ah, I knew I stayed online for some reason tonight! That was great!! I don't think you were too close to the camera - gave us a chance to see that beautiful ukulele better. Very nice! :D

Top Bottom