1919 K52 Steinway, Period Restoration.

wearymicrobe

Reaction score
Need to clear some space figured I would offer this up here first at a low price until I move it on to more established channels. Will trade for a uke, Moore Betta, Kanile'a K4+, Ko'olau 300+, Shrine, or 2500 in cash.

Specifics
1919 K52 Cut down, Rebuilt in 1952, and again about 2 years ago.

The good

Soundboard is perfect,
new keys
new felt
new regulation
fresh balance/tune
new finish.
Same Plate as M grand.
Original strings.

The bad
Its not a grand. Its also not 40K.
Original strings. (Still got 20-30 years of life in them)
Its got a few scratches.
The case was cut to 50's style.

Pictures.
DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

Uke players usually travel light. That thing will take 5 men and a boy to move. I helped move one like that many years ago...I still remember.

Uprights can be difficult to sell. You might consider donating it and taking the tax write off.

can you put aquila's on it? is that koa? does it come with a case?

Uprights can be difficult to sell.

Not when they say Steinway on them and come with a reconditioned action - surely?

It's shame about the case but it's the sound that matters to me. At that price I'd have it in a flash if it wasn't on the other side of an ocean. :(

The purple check felt and hammer rest baize is unusual. Was that done to match the stool?

Last edited:
Just a quick search on EBay and there is a K52 Steinway for sale at 26K. Quite the deal if you don't care about a vintage case.

Not when they say Steinway on them and come with a reconditioned action - surely?

It's shame about the case but it's the sound that matters to me. At that price I'd have it in a flash if it wasn't on the other side of an ocean. :(

The purple check felt and hammer rest baize is unusual. Was that done to match the stool?
This was rebuilt by Steinway, or more accurately one of there custom house re builder's. so its factory spec.

As for the purple they are original replacements from Steinway. They are peiord correct. I would hae done red but it was not my choice.

As for the Steinway sound its got it in spades. I have this in a open air 1200sqf room and I can shake the house, we are moving in the next couple months though to a much larger house and will have space for a grand.

I have a line on a nice steinway baby grand from the 30's./

Just a quick search on EBay and there is a K52 Steinway for sale at 26K. Quite the deal if you don't care about a vintage case.

45K new for a Steinway K52, 26K for a Boston. Plus not in Mahogany, ~60K. The case is the only reason for the price. If I coulf find a decent K52K case with bad internals I would swap it over.

Uprights are perfect for NYC, no space for a grand. Id love to take if, But no way will I be able to come up with the loot. Good Luck its a sexy instrument.

Top Bottom