PDA

View Full Version : Ever see a wooden business card (KoAloha)

Keef
08-12-2010, 03:48 PM
I emailed koAloha requesting to buy a part and to my great suprize the responce was I'll send it right out to you free .... Very nice well I got the part today but I really want to share this business card with y'all it's made of wood very neat in my book :) http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad54/Kempocat/6e2bb16d.jpg do you like the black background? I set the card on my sleeping cat for the picture

cletus
08-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Classy card, great customer service. Hell, yeah!

ukeeku
08-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Jorma from Big Island co. His are koa. Printed on a thin piece of koa. he is crazy

Uke Republic
08-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Jorma from Big Island co. His are koa. Printed on a thin piece of koa. he is crazy

When he wasn't looking I grabbed a stack and now I'm pretty sure I can make a uke out of it.

experimentjon
08-12-2010, 09:53 PM
I think I've got his card somewhere in one of my ukulele cases. LOL...if only there were a way to take scrap koa and make a uke out of it. I'd grab all of the soundhole cutouts, since they'd be better utilized as a new uke than a shotglass coaster. :P

luvdat
08-13-2010, 12:43 AM
When he wasn't looking I grabbed a stack and now I'm pretty sure I can make a uke out of it.

A sopranino.

dkcrown
08-13-2010, 02:47 AM
This has been my business card since 1989.

telebob
08-13-2010, 04:32 AM
but I really want to share this business card with y'all it's made of wood ...

VeRy CooL indeed.... :cool:

I also like Dana's card, but that is a wood print on a regular stock card, correct? :)

Skottoman
08-13-2010, 04:36 AM
Here's a pic of mine that I got back in April '09 from Brian. He gave my wife and I a factory tour, and I picked up a "second" KoAloha Concert!
I noticed my card is different than Keef's. Wonder if there will be "Vintage KoAloha Wooden Card" collecting. Hahah... I have the 2009 version.

Cheers,

http://www.baileymusic.com/ukulele/koaloha/koaloha_9.jpg

Swampy Steve
08-13-2010, 04:39 AM
A old time carpenter at a folk fest gave me a " card" he had cut , with trad tools , but it was oak and thicker, and just had writing in pencil. still have it somewhere,,, these kinda cards do make a impression
Steve

Keef
08-13-2010, 06:10 AM
Here's a pic of mine that I got back in April '09 from Brian. He gave my wife and I a factory tour, and I picked up a "second" KoAloha Concert!
I noticed my card is different than Keef's. Wonder if there will be "Vintage KoAloha Wooden Card" collecting. Hahah... I have the 2009 version.

Cheers,

http://www.baileymusic.com/ukulele/koaloha/koaloha_9.jpg
I like yours better wanna trade? :)

wickedwahine11
08-13-2010, 06:49 AM
I confess. I grabbed one too when I visited the KoAloha factory. They are too cool.

Mim
08-13-2010, 07:15 AM
Big Island Ukuleles has them as well. They had them at NAMM, but I did not take one because I think he wanted to save them for people buying his ukes. Which were beauitful BTW... just out of my price range... a girl can dream.

Pippin
08-14-2010, 01:28 AM
I used to deal with a sales rep for Georgia-Pacific and he had a redwood business card. I always thought it was the coolest business card I had ever seen.

Vindelanda
08-14-2010, 06:40 AM
I remember I bought a whole bunch of blank wooden business cards a while ago. I'm still not sure why I did since I don't own a business or work anywhere that would require a wooden card, but they're really neat!

cocohonk
08-15-2010, 06:57 AM
They're (were?I saw a whole bunch of them a while back) actually pretty popular with graphic designer types...and I guess (more appropriately) with uke makers too!

I have yet to see a wood wedding invitation yet, though, that's certainly a thought.