Laguna Bandsaws?

taylordb

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Laguna Bandsaws (14" models)? I know they are pricey, but putting $$ aside I'm wondering if anyone has recent (say last couple of years) experience. I have searched the internet for reviews and have gotten mixed results. Basically I have heard their customer service is less than desirable....although most of those comments are about 4 years old or older. I'm wondering about the actual performance of the saw itself. Is there another brand in that $$ level that you would recommend?
Thanks in advance!

I've heard mixed reports on Laguna too. Their table saws seem to be great, but I keep hearing mediocre things about all their other tools.

For the money, you may consider a Delta (now Porter Cable) saw. You can pick one up from Lowes for just $400 (watch for sales and you can get it cheaper). For an extra $100 you can get a riser block that will increase the resaw capacity.

If you really want to spend the Laguna money on a saw, you can get a lot of different models that are better than the Lagunas. For a thousand bucks you can get a Grizzly 17" 2hp model.

Delta is a renowned brand and dealing with a local store (corporate as it may be) can be a blessing if there are any problems. Grizzly is an absolutely great company. Every time I have heard/read about something wrong with one of their tools or their CS it has always boiled down to someone not using the tool correctly or being a total douche. Take a close look at those two and I think you'll find something you like.

~DB

Top Bottom