Newbie with ?'s

Ukulele813

Reaction score
I am a guitar player who has recently been infected with Ukelitus:)
Now I am looking at purchasing one very soon, Sam Ash unfortunately is the only one that sells them where I live. They have a brand named "Brownsville" and another named "Applause". I really would like to keep it under $100,
blame the government, rising gas prices, etc...for my budget. Any recommendations? BTW....I hate online shopping, so I would like to purchase it in person.

I am a guitar player who has recently been infected with Ukelitus:)
Now I am looking at purchasing one very soon, Sam Ash unfortunately is the only one that sells them where I live. They have a brand named "Brownsville" and another named "Applause". I really would like to keep it under $100,
blame the government, rising gas prices, etc...for my budget. Any recommendations? BTW....I hate online shopping, so I would like to purchase it in person.

I'm guessing you tried a soprano..is that the size you like? Applause isn't bad at all. I suggest Kala/Makala and Lanikai at that price point. This guy is a great place to start - click me

I actually haven't held one yet. I am thinking based on the videos that I have seen, I would like to start with a concert.

I actually haven't held one yet. I am thinking based on the videos that I have seen, I would like to start with a concert.

I'd email the guy in the link above and ask him what a Makala concert would go for. It should run under $100 with shipping, maybe less.

The applause is a nice ukulele, I assume that will be a soprano though. As deach said, try MGM at http://stores.ebay.com/Musicguymics-Room because he really is the best to purchase from for a ukulele, great service and will help you out with any questions you have.

Top Bottom