World's best firewood...

a wonderful wedding gift.... hand-crafted from scratch... and a sweet sound... ash? looks beautiful, sounds great! wow! :)

That is awesome Sven, you and Dave Djessing both have the best firewood. ;)

It looks and sounds wonderful, I mean it man, that's a beaut. The video made me smile, thanks Sven.

Thanks all, your kind posts mean a lot to me. I might have re-recorded it if it wasn't for my girl doing the heartshape with her fingers - I couldn't count on her doing that again.

And don't worry. Any year now I'll master the camera and microphone in the computer, and my vids will maybe say something about the actual sound of the ukes.

Again, thanks. / Sven

Great job on the uke Sven. Very nice design.
And the vid was perfect with your little girl doing the heart shape thing. Looked very spontaneous and precious (if a guy can use that word in this crowd).

Thanks fahrner! I've heard a lot of ukers use the word precious, but in a slightly creepy way, as in Mmy precioussssss......

Last night both Jukka and Aya turned up for an open stage, left a vintage Gibson and a G-string at the table and took turns to perform on the ash uke. And they told the crowd what it was and that I built it. Man, I was chuffed! My friends will drag their girlfriends to church...

Aloha Sven,
Thanks for sharing, awesome uke, awesome story and awesome video....and that truely a spontaneous and precious moment..
You must be glad to catch it on camera...I'm sure you'll treasure it forever....as for making the uke for a gift for the wedding
couple who play it...that was truely touching as well and an awesome gesture!!! MM Stan...

That wood is Ash?? Holy Cow that looks beautiful. Sounds pretty sweet too
I like your asymmetrical tuner positions too.....different but subtle

Jukka was kind enough to post some pics, a good thing since I always seem to forget to take decent photos of my ukes. His words as well.

Nice grain and curl in the ash
01%20top.jpg

Full frontal
02%20full%20frontal.jpg

Side view
05%20side%20view.jpg

Good design on the saddle compensation. String-through bridge
09%20bridge.jpg

Top Bottom