Stompboxes for the Uke.

Pinebaron

Reaction score
As I get better I have the urge to do some gigging or busking. I plan on amplifying and was wondering what others have used for stompboxes and why they chose them. For me I was planning to use Boss products because I have always had good luck with them in the past. Right now my plan is to use a AD-3 for an acoustic preamp, a FDR-1 for some warmth and overdrive when playing some old blues numbers and a RC-20XL looper to provide some backup and company. I would also like to hear what others are doing. So let's hear what ya' got.

Get an AD-5 if you can find one. I've heard they are better and they do more effects and stuff I think. For a preamp I personally use the Fishman Pro-EQ Platinum. I also have the RC-20XL. Cool unit, but I haven't used it enough to be comfortable performing with it. It's super simple, but the learning curve is kind of steep. And to top it off, a Boss ME-50 for chorus, delay, and whatever else.

I just got a Roland Cube Street amp which is battery powered. It has chorus and reverb on it. I have a Zoom A2 which I use for a preamp and acoustic effects. When I take a walk on the wild side I plug in my RP350 which can make my uke sound like a Les Paul ;-)

I recently got this creature and love it :)
I wanted the Boss, but even used it was a bit too expensive...
...so I ordered the DigiTech RP155 from Amazon for $89 shipped.
It got great reviews, and looks to do a lot more than the Boss.
No need to decide with pedal to get because It basically replicates most pedals you can think of all in one unit. Additionally it has a USB output if you want to record to your computer or use it as an amplifier (headphone output too)
Sturdy construction and clean sound. I use it with my Kala Archtop.
Oh, and it has 60 high quality drum beats to play with too.

Only has 20 sec. of loop, but doesn't see like a problem in this vid I found.
I've made loops with multiple overdubs without a problem.

I've usedf a RP200 worked good with abc switvch and Bari, Concert and Guitar. I just programmed different setting for the song/instument combo and used the pedal as a volume control. Just have to make sure you don't get too excited and step on a switch pedal instead of the volume pedal in the middle of a song.

I also use a Boss me-70. Got it for x-mas last year!
It's awesome! Even though it's the only pedal I've ever used... lol

Top Bottom