Uke contest ?!

Lennard

Reaction score
When does is UU or a sponsor of the site host another contest ? like the eleuke contest of July, 10 ...
Is there any regular date like first day of every second month or smth. like that when theres a contest ? :confused:
Thanks guys, have a nice day....

Unfortunately, UU may hold off hosting contests for a while. The winner of the Eleuke was subjected to some pretty hurtful cyber-bullying on youtube, among other things.

Some People just aren't cool sometimes.

Warning: When you put yourself out there for the world to see, you will hear what they have to say. "Sticks and stones" comes to mind. We should expect that sort of thing on you tube and ignore it.

Warning: When you put yourself out there for the world to see, you will hear what they have to say. "Sticks and stones" comes to mind. We should expect that sort of thing on you tube and ignore it.

that's right. alot of people just don't get why we put our songs and covers and such on youtube. we aren't trying to "be cool" and say "im so good at music", it's just having fun doing what we wanna do, which in this community's case is play ukulele, and share it with everyone. it's just for kicks. but alot of people don't get that, and you have to be prepared for the hate. it really is unfortunate that people would do that to the winner. it's not right. she was so very graciously given an eleuke because she made an entertaining rock video, and obviously had a good time doing it. the people that bully, in my honest opinion, don't belong here. this is a constructive, happy, and supportive community whose objective is to help others, support others, and make them feel at home, while having a blast strumming away. ill step down from my soapbox now.

You guys are right, If you put up your video to youtube, you will earn anykind of feedback. To be honest with you guys, I also think the winner has not played the most difficult song among all the guys that uploaded their video, but the judges have had their reasons to decide like they did. So stop the madness ! :p ...

You guys are right, If you put up your video to youtube, you will earn anykind of feedback. To be honest with you guys, I also think the winner has not played the most difficult song among all the guys that uploaded their video, but the judges have had their reasons to decide like they did. So stop the madness ! :p ...

Let's not rehash that old stuff anymore. Please.

Words DO hurt, which is why there are laws against slander and libel. And these were not your run-of-the-mill negative comments, and although I described what occurred as "pretty hurtful", it would probably be more accurate to call it "vicious and mean-spirited", not to mention cowardly, since a newly created, anonymous account was used.

I'm not sure there is an easy answer for this, but it is certainly not to be blamed on the judges, the contest, or the judging criteria.

The decision to hold off on contests had more to do with the complaining done on UU's forums. The stuff on Autumn's videos just added to it.

That's truly a shame about what happened (re: complaints, etc.) in this contest... but competing for 'best' is always subjective and not everyone will and can agree. Winners were chosen by the judges and its done. I enjoyed watching and listening to all of the videos. Peace! :)

It's a shame, but I can't say I didn't see it coming. It's a shame that everyone needs to lose a very cool aspect of the site over bad sportsmanship.

:(

Unfortunately, UU may hold off hosting contests for a while. The winner of the Eleuke was subjected to some pretty hurtful cyber-bullying on youtube, among other things.

Man... If I let some of you guys bully me online, can I get an eleuke too?

Man... If I let some of you guys bully me online, can I get an eleuke too?

It is precisely because of comments like this that UU has chosen to hold off on contests for now. The implication that the winners were not deserving of the prizes that they won goes against what UU is all about.

I would expect all of my fellow ukers to treat any video posted online with the respect it deserves. As someone said wether you think it's good or bad is subjective, but if you don't have anything good to say about the video, don't say anything at all unless the poster is looking for constructive critics! I've posted a couple of videos myself and recieved nothing but good feedback. That's not because im an amazing player or anything, i think i was lucky to have the "right kind of people" leaving me feedback.

I was really disappointed by the comments on the winner's video and on the forum for the contest. Playing music and especially the ukulele is about having fun and just enjoying it!! The kids in the winning video were clearly having a lot of fun and I think that energy had a lot to do with the judges picking that video. To discourage the winner when her video was a fine example of having fun with music is just plain wrong! You should be ashamed of yourselves, nothing in the contest rules said anything about the winner being the best player or playing the hardest song. I always found the ukulele community to be much more positive and supportive than guitar players, who tend to criticize other players often unfairly. If the ukulele community is changing in this way I for one would be greatly disappointed.

Personally, I think some people are watching waaaaay too much "reality" TV. Ugly diatribes of this sort seem to be on the rise, exponentially, in the last few years. That's the cynic in me speaking. The optimist in me is tuning up my uke right now for a mighty strum!

:nana:

Last edited:
Top Bottom