Friends

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Friends I made here.

As some of you know. I am a very large guy at 6'5" tall and 600 plus pounds. I have not been around on line much due to a scary hospital stint. Had a huge wake up call. I wanted to let ya'll in on what is going on. Bottom line, I have less than a year if I don't do something fast. Some awesome people have gotten me into a big obesity clinic in Ohio. Good Lord opens doors people, because it is near imposible to get in there, and I am leaving tomorrow (Sunday) for a 6 month stay to heal and get better, and loose this that will kill me if I don't. It is very humbling the prayers I have gotten sent my way over the past week from every corner of the USA, and even the globe. You never realize the impact you make on people. People coming out of the woodwork that I never thought even would remember me. Point is, do good work folk, and just be a good person, because you never know who you are making an impact on. Good will always come back to you.

I will be very limited on internet time, but will check in when I can. But for now, God Bless, and I will see ya'll when I get back.

Yes, I am taking one of the Ukes. Not sure yet, but probably will be IZ. He's my first, and the real one was MY inspiration to pick up the Uke years ago.

God Bless fokes..

T

I wish you the best. My wife and I will keep you in our prayers. As difficult as it will be follow your doctor's orders and that of the treatment team. Find meaning in all that you are doing.

prayers for you. Stay strong. you can see a miracle happen.

Aloha Tudorp, stick with it and good luck. I've been hoping to get some input from you on banjo and banjo uke restoration but just never could seem to find time to P M you. I will look forward to that in the future. Get well and God bless you.

Friends I made here.

As some of you know. I am a very large guy at 6'5" tall and 600 plus pounds. I have not been around on line much due to a scary hospital stint. Had a huge wake up call. I wanted to let ya'll in on what is going on. Bottom line, I have less than a year if I don't do something fast. Some awesome people have gotten me into a big obesity clinic in Ohio. Good Lord opens doors people, because it is near imposible to get in there, and I am leaving tomorrow (Sunday) for a 6 month stay to heal and get better, and loose this that will kill me if I don't. It is very humbling the prayers I have gotten sent my way over the past week from every corner of the USA, and even the globe. You never realize the impact you make on people. People coming out of the woodwork that I never thought even would remember me. Point is, do good work folk, and just be a good person, because you never know who you are making an impact on. Good will always come back to you.

I will be very limited on internet time, but will check in when I can. But for now, God Bless, and I will see ya'll when I get back.

Yes, I am taking one of the Ukes. Not sure yet, but probably will be IZ. He's my first, and the real one was MY inspiration to pick up the Uke years ago.

God Bless fokes..

T
Aloha Tudorp,
I will be praying for you for a speedy recovery, and I know you'll be trying your best because it's for your
wife and daughter too. I will miss you and hope you keep in touch and let us know of your progress..
God Bless and take care buddy....your friend, Stan...

Hang in there. You can do this. Good vibes for you.

Best of luck to you, and congrats on taking a BIG positive step! The ukulele just may be a vital part of the healing process. :D

Thanks again peeps..

I will still be happy to help with the banjo stuff, so still feel free to PM me. I will answer anything I can when I can.. And of course I will be back. Gonna miss my Banjo Uke, because I am only taking one with me.

Tudorp,

I hate to speak for everyone but I think it is fairly safe in this case. We are all happy that you are going to be getting the help that you and your family need. We all wish you well and will keep you in our prayers (for those so inclined).

I've always enjoyed your posts and I hope that you can keep us updated as to your progress (if you feel comfortable doing so) as you check in on us.

God Bless,
Tony

T!

This is a good thing, mon ami. I'm not good enough to jam with you yet! You HAVE to stick around until I am and we do.

I'll be thinkin' of you, sir. Feel the good, supportive vibes coming all the way from Bermuda.

Thanks again peeps..

I will still be happy to help with the banjo stuff, so still feel free to PM me. I will answer anything I can when I can.. And of course I will be back. Gonna miss my Banjo Uke, because I am only taking one with me.

Maybe you can take two :)

Good luck Tudorp. Stick to it and you CAN do it!

I'm very happy for you, dude. You're taking a positive step regarding your health. Malama Pono!

Woo-hoo! You're going to be awesome and do awesome, Tudorp. We're rootin' for you!

JJ

Best wishes, Tudorp! I know you can (and will) do this....for you, for your family, for all your friends. Looking forward to hearing back from you, and to your return in six months as a new man. Time to start thinking about which new uke you'll reward yourself with when you're done....

Ya know? I have 4 Ukes, and even though there are tons of them I would like to own, I can only play one at a time, hehhe.. I am more of a player than collector. I have some instruments I collect, but I tend to lean more to the ones I will actually play on. So, for now, the Ukes I have do meet the need.

But that said, I DO plan to reward myself so don't think I am a saint, hahhah... I have always been a "Hot Rodder" and built vintage hot rods and bikes. I haven't been able to enjoy that hobby for years, and being a retired biker, there is a really nice HD Fatboy I am looking at, hehheh.. I would love to ride again... Hittin the road on my steel steed, with a 4 string on my back.. Hey, don't that sound like a song? hehheh..

My wife tried to catch me plinking around. I am out of practice, because I have not felt well for over a month, and still not feeling well, but wanted to tinker. I am very rusty and not feeling well so I appologize in advance. The phone rang before I got it all out and it messed me up. But I will try and have the wife get my whole "I'll Be Back song...". This is "kinda" my redition of "Sunny Afternoon".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED0qnDy6pLg

Aloha Tudorp,
That was really nice..didn't know you had a you tube channel ..it's awewome..
when I think about you, I can check it out....when you get back, we gotta get
together an jam.....I was in hot rodding in my younger years..liked chevys
67 to be exact z-28 and nova's..rode a little motorcycle tooo....and work on
them....my favorite, i wasn't able to get was a 32 highboy..go figure..chevy guy???
you should have done an arnold at the end of the video"I'LL be Back"....
what time you leave today??/and do you have a notebook PC????
Take Care, gonna miss you and God Bless..gonna say alot of prayers for you bruddah!!
your friend, Stan...
"Keep in touch" Malama Pono and A Hui HO!!!(take Care until we see again)

Last edited:
The wife is getting stuff ready today. We will be heading to Ohio tomorrow morning. I've built everything from 400+ hp 49 GMC pickup, to many Ford Model As. My current ride is a 1948 P15 Plymouth, but she has suffered over the past few years due to health issues. But, when I get back, she'll be back on the run again.

My playing is horrible at moment. I am concentrating so hard on pain levels and breathing, that I am having a hard time even chording. But, that will ALL be in the past when I am back my friend. All gloves will be off.. My daughter snuck this one in just a bit ago playing my "Sunny Afternoon" again. Again, my playing is suffering at the moment, but, that's comin back too <grin>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpljnRCaRGw

Hope everything goes as well as it possibly can for you - good luck and best wishes!

Top Bottom