Anybody here watch the Discovery Channel?

aspieman456

Reaction score
My personal favorites are:

Survivorman - I wish for more episode from this program.

Mythbusters - even after six seasons, this is the most educational and entertaining show on there.

Dirty Jobs - Mike Rowe is still funny and dirty for plunging into the craziest and most vital jobs.

Deadliest Catch - One of the better reality shows about crab fishing on TV. Long live Captain Phil.

Man Vs. Wild - It's still fascinating but Bear Grills is getting more standoff-ish.

Last edited:
I don't think we still get Discovery, but when we did the ones you listed were some of my favourites. Especially Mythbusters. I also really liked Daily Planet, they did some neat stuff.

Discovery Channel and The Learning Channel.

Ok - sorry if I offended. I was just saying I enjoyed The Learning Channel as well.

No, it's alright. I shoud've corrected myself. I'm not so much of a fan of the Learning Channel like some people are.

Les Stroud is the man!

Yeah, at least he's there by himself with no film crew with him. and he does everything by himself. He cracks me up though, cause he's always so hungry by the end of the show.

It's unfortunate that Survivorman was canceled...

It's unfortunate that Survivorman was canceled...

Whaaaaa! I hadn't heard that. I'm mean I like Bear Grylls from a purely entertainment standpoint, but if any normal person, meaning not former Green Beret, SAS, Foreign Legion, etc.., tried the stuff he does, they would die. Les had much more practical and realistic survival methods. That is a shame that it was cancelled. :(

I don't know why it got cancelled in the first place. "Survivorman" had so much going for it.

Im not sure if the show was cancelled. I think Les got tired of doing it,, and believed he could make a living doing things a bit easier , than what he did. Even though it was a week,, it had to be hard on him physically and mentally.
And I agree, on Les,, hes the man . I like Dual Survival & Man Woman wild,,,, but Les was by himself. And when your alone in the woods , jungle etc,,, you are truly alone. He has nerve and skill.
Steve

You won't catch Les drinking his own pee soon. As for the other new survival shows on TV, I don't care for any of them.

Les Stroudt will be on next Fri with a show called Beyond Survival.

Okay, "beyond Survival" is on the Discovery Channel this Friday. Now, is there anyone out there who wants talk about anything else on the Discovery Channel besides "Survivorman"? Nothing against Les Stroud. There are other quality shows on there.

Okay, "beyond Survival" is on the Discovery Channel this Friday. Now, is there anyone out there who wants talk about anything else on the Discovery Channel besides "Survivorman"? Nothing against Les Stroud. There are other quality shows on there.

Yeah, Dual Survival rocks & so does Man woman wild, but you dont like them ??
Steve

My personal favorites are:

Survivorman - I wish for more episode from this program.

Mythbusters - even after six seasons, this is the most educational and entertaining show on there.

Dirty Jobs - Mike Rowe is still funny and dirty for plunging into the craziest and most vital jobs.

Deadliest Catch - One of the better reality shows about crab fishing on TV.

Man Vs. Wild - It's still fascinating but Bear Grills is getting more standoff-ish.

These are all excellent shows. Discovery also makes some amazing one off documentaries. And who could forget, SHARK WEEK!

I'll watch it if they're linked to the shows I watch there. I saw "Life" a few times and that's was so fascinating. The producers sone a great job at catching the moments the insects and animals they're in.

Top Bottom