Guitar/Uke with License Plate Top

Uncle-Taco

Reaction score
Somewhere in my wanderings and browsings, I came across a site that had pictures of CB-style ukes (and maybe guitars and/or banjos) with license plates for tops. It was pretty cool, and now that I've retired my vanity plates, I'd like to look into that.

I can't find any reference to it anywhere to save my life. Anybody seen these or hear of such a thing?

No idea sorry but I'm glad to hear you've retired your "vanity plates" or as we call them in the UK "W*NKER PLATES". Playing the Uke has obviously refined you!

Ian.

I just bought one on Ebay, and it came last week. Here it is:

I tuned it "Chicago", like a baritone ukulele. It is kind of quiet acoustically, but sounds freakin' awesome plugged into my Roland Microcube.

!By3((rgBmk~$(KGrHqJ,!joEw5JYckHjBMTfM2NmGw~~_12.JPG

What a score Allan, totally awesome...thanks for sharing..geeesh I need to check out e-bay more often....

I don't see the point of the license plate. Just added weight, IMHO....

The South Carolina license plate - with the state palmetto tree and colors, and state motto - makes a lovely looking top... but it does add weight. I still like it! :cool:

That looks pretty darn awesome. Any chance of a sound sample? I'm really curious about that.

Top Bottom