Washington Square Park, NYC: Officially Mainland Uke Territory

luvdat

Reaction score
Probably not the first, but in my heart claimed Washington Square Park, NYC officially...
Mainland uke territory...

Here's some photos from a fun and beautiful day:

Mainland 002 004..jpgMainland 002 005..jpgMainland 002 008..jpg

Aloha LuvDatUke,
Thanks for sharing the awesome pictures, You remind me of Ralph Machioo??with the hat and uke in the movie Crossroads!!
Is this maybe the location for the New UU Manhatten Uke club.....Maybe in the early stages of the makings....
Gee, I miss it there....looks like a wonderful day!!!!Take Care and haved fun!!! MM Stan..
Any Martin type 3's at EVM...he he always lookin....
Jus love those rope bindings on yor uke, make them pop...

Last edited:
Thanks, Stan. Aside from being able to sit with my wife and play some uke for awhile, some good music there with a group called "Baby Soda Jazz Band" doing 20's 30's jazz featuring a clothesline bass, horn, clarinet and banjo with vocals...Google them if you get a chance. Fun stuff that had folks of all ages...into it!!!

Last edited:
Aloha LuvDatUke,
Thanks for sharing the awesome pictures, You remind me of Ralph Machioo??with the hat and uke in the movie Crossroads!!
Is this maybe the location for the New UU Manhatten Uke club.....Maybe in the early stages of the makings....
Gee, I miss it there....looks like a wonderful day!!!!Take Care and haved fun!!! MM Stan..
Any Martin type 3's at EVM...he he always lookin....
Jus love those rope bindings on yor uke, make them pop...

Steered clear of East Village Music (no more uke purchases for awhile, LOL) with free parking that I landed in SoHo...in the city for about 6 hours...

we seriously need to have that EVM/wsp mini-ukefest for all us New York ukers. love wsp!

we seriously need to have that EVM/wsp mini-ukefest for all us New York ukers. love wsp!

Believe it or not I almost PM'd you Saturday morning last minute lame style, but it was just me and my wife headed in (after a previous evening in Little Italy/Chinatown). There will definitely be a EVM/WSP meet up...September? Early October?

Aloha LuvDatUke,
Thanks for the heads up on the "Baby Soda Jazz Band" ..I liked it very much. My feet started tapping from the first video
and was hooked and watched most of the on You Tube...Ahhh remember those days at Washington Park in the early eightys
in the G Village...Used to go to the bars and listen music...there was this hole in the wall bar I used to like called the "Blue Note"
gee wonder if it's still there...and at the park, used sit there having my lunch, was really nice those days...MM Stan...

Aloha LuvDatUke,
Thanks for the heads up on the "Baby Soda Jazz Band" ..I liked it very much. My feet started tapping from the first video
and was hooked and watched most of the on You Tube...Ahhh remember those days at Washington Park in the early eightys
in the G Village...Used to go to the bars and listen music...there was this hole in the wall bar I used to like called the "Blue Note"
gee wonder if it's still there...and at the park, used sit there having my lunch, was really nice those days...MM Stan...

The Blue Note is no longer a hole in the wall bar but features world class jazz acts now...and it ain't cheap!!! Across the street (W.3rd in the Village) years ago I played and sang at Folk City (during it's declining years, LOL after Bob Dylan, etc in the 80's) at their song writers/singers gigs where people would have to first show up (about 40 at a time) for auditions and then wait for call backs. That place is under new ownership...

Baby Soda Jazz Band is simply great!!!

Last edited:
I would love to do an NYC jam. Btw EVM is a great shop

I would love to do an NYC jam. Btw EVM is a great shop

It's gonna happen, just when. Need to be organized here, set a time and a date...

Last edited:
Top Bottom