Captain's (New Zealand) arrival of Soprano and Backpacker

SuzukHammer

Reaction score
ROckoanduke3.jpg

I include harmonicas here because I'm checking with Bevan to see if I can get wood comb and wood covers on my harp to match my uke and harmonica. Basically a unique custom music pair.
backpackerandEleuke.jpg

BackofCaptainssoprano.jpg

More photos later and test drive of amp sound on the backpacker

Last edited:
Puppy dogs and ukuleles. So cute I want to puke. haha

rockoanduke2.jpg

Awesome 'ukuleles, love the grain on back of soprano. Was the puppy included?

Awesome 'ukuleles, love the grain on back of soprano. Was the puppy included?

THe Ukes are brand new and the puppy is brand new. I've been waiting patiently for a month on all of them.

THe puppy's name is Rocko.

He's eating my luggage tags right now.

I got to go for a walk. More data and sounds later.

Gret pics and Rocko is a great name for a dog!!!

Aloha SuzukHammer,
Glad to hear your uke arrived safely, and did you buy two....WOW that's a double awesome....I see you choose quite different woods
from mine, but the back is the same. Have you had a chance to try out the pic-up yet? and did you give my adjusted tuning a try??
I like the craftsmanship of the soprano it looks awesome...from the back the bridge looks like a floating banjo style bridge but from
the front it's look solid..I was giving it some though of putting a banjo style bridge on a ukulele as I feel it wound be less of an
impedence on the resonance on the soundboard.....I see Rocko( I call him spot as for the spot around the eye)is an uke
player too...what fret is he on on the upper fretboard? Many Thanks for the pictures, I appriciate it very much..Kob Kun Kop!
I'm running my backpacker on my Marshall MG15 DFX with on effects just clean sound..sounds great. By the way, how's
the weather in Krung Tep????Take Care .....MM Stan...

haha Stan,

Rocko says the low end is "for cats"; so, he likes to play the high end of the fret board because dogs love it. He always asks me , "Did you forgot to tune that thing?" and "Why is it I always have to go pooh when you play that uke?". I don't know. He's just a puppy but he's full of piss and vinegar already.

I hope to put something together for you all on the sound. I found out a secret on sound projection with this small backpacker. I think its funny. I actually found out that secret on my Lanikai tenor but I think the effect is much larger with the small backpacker. Hopefully, I can capture the essence of what I found.

And Thanks for reminding me about your tuning. I want to try that out.

Last edited:
I just like the middle of this picture. This is just a picture to tide you over until I get more data on the Captain's models.

This lady was doing an article on uke in Thailand I believe. Let me see if I can grab the article.

photo from ukeclub.net to show ribbee company really working the pr for ukuleles.

gallery_547.jpg

Last edited:
kudos on your new ukes suzukhammer. what woods did bevan use on your soprano and backpacker? the fretboard on your backpacker is a twin to mine with the same lighter brown stain at the base (on top of the soundboard).

so what is the secret? is it that brown thing you placed beside the backpacker's saddle?

Lost a whole post.

Let's try another picture while I go fume about losing that post.

THis photo is from ukeclub.net showing the ground swell of interest in uke here in Thailand.

gallery_540.JPG

Last edited:
Congrats! All three - the soprano, the backpacker, and Rocko! - look absolutely adorable. Hope you have fun with all of them!

This picture announces the first foreigner into the Thai ukulele club. And it also introduces Captain's soprano to the club. A sound clip was made there. I'll link it once I have it.

gallery_605.jpg

khorng-tarn mia? su way mak...
Lucky guy!!! and How cool to be the first one...You're the Rosa Parks of Ukulele there in the club..
Nice to be the first one to open doors..to things..making way for others to follow! MM Stan....

khorng-tarn mia? su way mak...
Lucky guy!!! and How cool to be the first one...You're the Rosa Parks of Ukulele there in the club..
Nice to be the first one to open doors..to things..making way for others to follow! MM Stan....

khao bpen mia, krap. khao narak jang loiiiee. jai dee mahk.

I'm trying to get arranged to go to Singapore. I'd like to see James Hill in concert.

Congratulation on your new acquisitions, Suzu! Rocko is so kawaii!

Top Bottom