One old, sadly worn uke!

Gmoney

Reaction score
String it up and play that bad boy! May be about the only Martin I could ever afford....

Aloha Gmoney,
Thanks for sharing, Actually it a style 3 with the skunk strip going up the fret board.
Also this one was abused and if was in better condition would be worth alot I think ,
because it's a style 3 and with that sticker in the back..says it was sold at the bergstrom
music store before statehood in honolulu, hawaii....maybe way before...too bad, looks like it was left out in
the rain or something, what a waste...but I think it can be brought back to life and will
cost alot of moolah to do so.....MM Stan...
Was sold during the Territory of Hawaii days...

Last edited:
I love the eBay drop down menu choice the seller picked for condition "The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear ". That uke still has heart or it wouldn't have managed to get itself dug up from lord knows where and it looks determined that it will find its way into loving hands. ;)

I love the eBay drop down menu choice the seller picked for condition "The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear ". That uke still has heart or it wouldn't have managed to get itself dug up from lord knows where and it looks determined that it will find its way into loving hands. ;)

Yup saw that too, thought it was hilarious..he he...it's on the other side of the island from me...I'm thinkin whoever's selling this doesn't know much about ukuleles
couldn't tell between a style 2 and 3.. it'll cost alot but I think it's salvagable as a keeper... no money to made on this one...any ukulele lovers out there up for the challenge????

Definitely been rode hard and put away wet, ain't it?
I'd love to fix it up, though. Tempting challenge!

wow, its up to $113 right now. Wouldn't have thought it.

.... so I guess it would be a stretch to say this uke has accumulated a lot of "character"

Aw I think it could be saved. If I didn't already have a lifeless project in the works I'd jump on it.

bang on P-co - just what I was trying to remember!

Can't belive it! This thing is gonna go over $400! Its at $391.50 right now.

VINTAGE MARTIN TYPE II UKULELE PROJECT OR PARTS NO RESV

I still can't believe it sold for over $400.00....seller must have been jumpin for joy!!!
I guess we can see our vintage ukuleles value on the upswing.....Hold on to them, in the near future prices may skyrocket, when the economy improves..
and not be affordable anymore....not that they are already....he he MM Stan..

I'm actually not surprised. I am pretty sure that could be fixed up (and apparently so were all the bidders). It might cost a lot, but a Style 3 is a Style 3. It will never be worth top dollar, but someone is going to have a really rare uke for probably less than half what a Style 3 normally goes for, and if they take before and after pics, they're going to have a hell of a story!

Top Bottom