Acoustic Guitar and Ukulele song?

CitizenSnips

Reaction score
Hello, does anyone know of a song that uses both Acoustic Guitar and a Ukulele but not too difficult to play? Me and my friend have been wanting to play something together using an Acoustic Guitar and a Ukulele but nothing we make up sounds right, so I was hoping there was maybe already a song that utilizes both?

Thanks in advance.

The uke and the guitar work really well together and is a common combination here in Hawaii. What kind of music are you guys trying to play?

Kinna Grannis does John Mayer's "Say" and has both ukulele and guitar. I havn't tried to learn Say yet though so maybe someone else who has could say the difficulty. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2maAPVOZlkc I don't have any tabs, but its pretty simple to learn from the video. Problem is the uke part of it isn't too fancy or prominent.

if you guys are strumming together and it doesnt sound right, then you might not be in tune with each other. use the same tuner and make sure you are both in tune.

if one is playing rhythm and one is playing lead, let the guitar play rhythm and uke play lead. the bigger sound of the guitar suits it better than the other way around... usually.

if its still not sounding right, then look at individual playing style. your styles may not be meshing well. get a keyboard or something that can play a beat, and play along with that, playing your respective parts.

if its still not sounding right, then look at individual playing style. your styles may not be meshing well. get a keyboard or something that can play a beat, and play along with that, playing your respective parts.

Yeah we have totally differen't playing styles, I think that may be the problem. He's been mostly playing Hard Rock/Metal on an Electric for the past two years and I've been playing Acoustic and Ukulele, he starting playing Acoustic about 2 Months ago and liked it.

To Keonikapila, we would like to learn something soft but not too soft, the John Mayer song JackT posted is a good example of something we might want to learn.

jack johnson - breakdown

really good song that uses ukulele and guitar and is really easy
uke tabs here http://dominator.ukeland.com/index2.shtml

the guitar just plays the chord progression (C, Em, Am, G) throughout the chorus and in the bridge "i wanna break on down..." (C, G, F)

i want to learn the violin (plucked) intro to american baby by DMB but havent gotten it down yet, but that would sound good with chords behind it

Top Bottom