Info on Banjo Ukulele find?

ukeeku

Reaction score
My wife and I try to go to the Third Sunday Market a few times during the summer here in Bloomington IL. When I am there I am always on the look-out for ukuleles. Last year I found a 1920′s Richter with the big 10 flags on it. Plays great and I got it for $40, put very little into it to get it to play. This year I found one that was not in as good a shape but it was $30. What I know about it is that it is a banjo ukulele, looks like maple body, but I have no clue who made it. I am hoping in time that I will and that it will be resurrected and playable.

I hope yall can also point me to places that I can maybe get the parts to fix it and how.

Here are some pics, but go to the post on my webpage for more pics.
http://ukeeku.com/2010/08/15/fleamarket-banjo-ukulele/
Any info would be awesome.
fullfront.gif

fullback.gif

No matter what I am going to restore it. I just don't want to find out that it is actually worth something and have not sent it to Elderly or someone like that to do an actual resto on it. I am thinking of pulling it apart stripping, staining and having some fun witht he rim color since it needs to be re-painted (How about a blue body and a red rim, and I paint the new skin top with something fun?)

I too have seen one of these on Ebay before. I really like the bare basics look of it - no inlays or chrome.

Is that a hole in the headstock and is it original???could be a clue...I've seen before some company's had them..jus can't remember who??
AWW, maybe I'm jus as old as the banjo....not!!...well let's hope not at least....

Last edited:
Is that a hole in the headstock and is it original???could be a clue...I've seen before some company's had them..jus can't remember who??
AWW, maybe I'm jus as old as the banjo....not!!...well let's hope not at least....

No, it looks like it was drilled a long time ago. Just weird stuff. It is off center. If I fix it up I will address it somehow

Aloha Ukeeku,
I checked websites and saw another one with the same f-hole design....I believe it's a Harmony Music Company
circa. 23-30's of Chicago
another one came to mind due to the only headstock design with a hole (but I don't think so) was Rolando Music company
of Southern California 1916-1920 Made in a factory in the Los Angles Area....
I hope this helps you out....MM Stan....

My wife and I try to go to the Third Sunday Market a few times during the summer here in Bloomington IL. When I am there I am always on the look-out for ukuleles. Last year I found a 1920′s Richter with the big 10 flags on it. Plays great and I got it for $40, put very little into it to get it to play. This year I found one that was not in as good a shape but it was $30. What I know about it is that it is a banjo ukulele, looks like maple body, but I have no clue who made it. I am hoping in time that I will and that it will be resurrected and playable.

I hope yall can also point me to places that I can maybe get the parts to fix it and how.

Here are some pics, but go to the post on my webpage for more pics.
http://ukeeku.com/2010/08/15/fleamarket-banjo-ukulele/
Any info would be awesome.
fullfront.gif

fullback.gif

Aloha Ukeeku,
I found another banjo with the same design and looks the same, My guess alo of companies
are copyed this design...Ebay#230512837386 I hope this helps...MM Stan...

Top Bottom