Loprinzi Cherry Soprano Custom Build <SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

d-mace

Reaction score
I've fell in love with a couple of vintage Martins and Kamakas which are forcing the sale of a couple of my ukuleles. This one is a custom Loprinzi soprano hand-made a few months ago by the Loprinizis in Clearwater Florida.

Specs include: solid cherry body with mahogany neck and ebony fretboard, satin finish and tweed case.

I was going for the Martin Style 0 look and feel on this one with having the neck join the body at the 12th fret.

Everything is in like new condition and the playability is fantastic. Perfect intonation, med/low action, no buzzing or dead notes.

The sound from the cherry body is just like the Loprinzi's describe; somewhere in between the mellow sound of mahogany and brightness of koa. I've had a mahogany Loprinzi and totally agree with their description.

Currently strung with the new Martin fluro-carbon strings. The ukulele also sounds great with the light gauge South Coast Uke strings.

$399 shipped.

Attachments

• P8160519..jpg
    P8160519..jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 127
  • P8160520..jpg
    P8160520..jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 118
  • P8160521..jpg
    P8160521..jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 80
  • P8160522..jpg
    P8160522..jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 71
  • P8160523..jpg
    P8160523..jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
bump....with a price reduction. i bought a vintage kamaka sail head tenor for $650 and need to raise some $$$.

ps. dentuke where are you? you usually buy all of my slightly used sopranos! :)

Last edited:
Sound sample?

I agree it's beautiful, and a custom too....but currently I worried about my UAS...
Good Luck!! shouldn't be hard to sell!!! MM Stan
BTW- What knid of tone does it have and how does it sound????

Sound sample?

good idea....i do have a newer camera with hd video...maybe that will improve the quality. i don't have good recording equipment and when i've recorded the ukes in the past the sound quality just wasn't there....

What knid of tone does it have and how does it sound????

having both mahogany and koa sopranos i think the cherry fits right in between. its a little brighter than the mahogany and a little warmer than the koa. like many ukuleles the sound can change from quiet/sweet/mellow when playing softly/using your thumb/or playing at the 12th fret to loud/bright/honk when strumming with your nails and moving back toward the bridge. it does these sounds well and you can play a variety of music styles on it.

Oh that is one very nice looking uke!!! Congrats!!

Whew. This has been haunting me at a time when I can't really really be doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom