mgm crazy questions I get....

MGM

Reaction score
Heres a list of the top questions that seem a little funny to me. LOL
1) Does the warranty cover the ukulele if i sat on it?
2)What wood ukulele can I buy that is waterproof and can be stored in a hot shed during the summer and the warranty will cover it
3) I bought a ukulel stand and the plastic part scratches the ukulele while i strum it in the stand. What can be done to fix this?
4) Why does my uke have cheap plastic strings I thought they were upgraded to metal ones?
5) I have had my ukulele for a year and the g string broke can a get a warranty replacement?

I think keef wants to know if his uke is covered under warranty if he takes it into a cage match. I think it would be crazy to NOT be covered in that situation.

After a long day at work, these definitely brought a smile to my face...:D

i always like the ebay/trademe questions along the line of are the strings nylon, or steel or 50:50?

Haha, 50-50 would be sweet! :D I love this kind of questions. I have a couple of friends working with computer-support and they have tons of histories about customers asking funny questions :D

I had an eBayer waaaay back buy from me a vintage photo of a nun with a rosary. (Nun photos sold well back then). It was listed under vintage photos, precisely described AS a gelatin silver circa 1930's PHOTOGRAPH with condition and dimensions, and he emailed me back when he got it where was his rosary????? Ummm, look under the bed? I dunno, you bought a PHOTOGRAPH from ME. :p

LOLz, Mike. :D

lol. Classic Mike. I think everyone that works in any industry that works with people have weird stories about how people think and what they say. I wanna make a reality TV show on this stuff.

nice MGM. we may one day make a ukulele that is waterproof, unbreakable, unchippable, and be scratchproof. Heck some mad scientist may invent strings that are 50-50 nylon and metal. But sadly, it is unlikely that ebay will ever be idiot proof!

Nelson-F has the correct answer to the problem raised by question #3...

a frontal lobotomy.

that one is a true classic!

Oh what a relief! None of the quiestions I've ever asked are there. Whew.

These are amazing, BTW. Please sir, can we have some more.

The sound like perfectly normal questions to me. I think I was the one who asked most of them ! Howie

Many years ago I worked a phone desk for a bank. The CD Rates were advertised in the paper on Tuesday.
I would usually get at least 50 calls asking "what is the rate was on the 12%, 2 year CD?" When I answered 12% the caller would ask how long?
After answering 2 years, they would say thank you and say that was all they wanted to know.
The uke questions are gems, as are some of the posts here on UU.

PS, are you going to give us the answers or do we have to guess at them?

I work for a bank too and I set near the customer service folks... Wow. Some of the questions and phone calls are amazing. Everything from people who honestly don't understand math to people getting upset when they ask for a product or service the bank doesn't offer (like a ride to the store; seriously).

I work as an insurance agent for the bank and my favorite one that, sadly,I get a lot of is people wanting me to give details about their policy with another company and getting mad when I explain that I don't have access to that information. It would be like asking Progressive how much your next bill with Geico would be...

~DB

As long as da bradahs no ask da kine stuff li'dat, we goin be OK . . .

Last edited:
Will it arrive in tune?

Yes, but don't make the mistake I did and turn those knobs at the end of the ukulele. That makes it go out of tune. Who knows why they put them there.

Yes, but don't make the mistake I did and turn those knobs at the end of the ukulele. That makes it go out of tune. Who knows why they put them there.

Crap, I did that and now it's completely off! Mike, what's your return policy? :(

Top Bottom