I have the Uke painting bug.

deepeepee

Reaction score
After painting the " Who - Kulele" My daughter and I have started another, except this one is going on e bay. After much deliberation we decided to make it a 60s Love and peace theme, bright, colourful and generally fun. I have attached a few pics of the work as it has developed. We have started on the back of the Uke this time, the front will be made up of various relevant symbols from the era.

Attachments

• 49..jpg
    49..jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 50..jpg
    50..jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 54..jpg
    54..jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 49
  • stage 1..jpg
    stage 1..jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 51..jpg
    51..jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 48
That is awesome!!!!! You are in no way allowed to put that on ebay. You must sell it to me.!!!!!

That is beautiful. You are so talented. I'm in love with it. I want you to paint my uke!

This is awesome! Makes me wanna paint my redwood, and i've got no painting skills whatsoever! :D

Love it! Good luck with your venture.

Ukes and Dubs. Does it get any better?

Really nice work there, wish I had even a tenth of that talent. :cool:

do you spray it with something to keep the painting from wearing off or smearing?

The first one I painted " the Who- Kulele " see the other thread ( http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...-My-quot-Who-Uklele-quot&highlight=who-kulele ) ....was painted with enamels, this is obvioulsy very hard wearing but cannot be lacquered as the enamel paint would melt so I varnished it with ultra tough varnish. This one I am painting with Acrylics, again tough paint but the biggest benefits are that the pigments are strong and that I can use a clear spray acrylic lacquer to protect it, when cured this can be polished to a very high sheen.

Very cool - makes me want to get one painted!

An update on the Peace & Love Uke. I think the colours are really going to pop when this is glossed.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 17
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 19
If your intent is to sell the Peace & Love uke, I have a suggestion for you.

Listing the uke for sale here on UU, and of course on eBay, are good ideas. But listing it for sale on www.thesamba.com, a Volkswagen enthusiast website, would generate tons of interest. They have their own version of our Ukulele Marketplace....

If your intent is to sell the Peace & Love uke, I have a suggestion for you.

Listing the uke for sale here on UU, and of course on eBay, are good ideas. But listing it for sale on www.thesamba.com, a Volkswagen enthusiast website, would generate tons of interest. They have their own version of our Ukulele Marketplace....

I am going to be selling the Uke thanks for the tip.

Aloha DeePeepee,
Awesome job.....looks like the old flower power days...he he...
did you use enamels....they look great and durable....
Thanks for sharing.....MM Stan...

I am using acrylics on this one, I used enamels on the Who-Kulele, the problem with the enamels is gloss coating them....they do not like spray lacquer, the paint bubbles and cracks so I had to varnish it. Acrylics, on the other hand, will accept an acrylic lacquer so it will be a lot easier to build up a nice smooth even finish, with no yellowing. I will leave the gloss a few weeks then cut it back to a nice high gloss finish.

me too please!

Top Bottom