Mainland Honeybee

Gmoney

Reaction score
From my plantive whine asking if anyone had a line on a Honeybee, Mike answered & dug out a suitable specimen from his 2nds! And it got here today. What a sweet little uke!

IMG_0221.jpgIMG_0224.jpgIMG_0223.jpg

Thanks Mike!

UPDATE: My "plantive whine" was matched as soon as this little jewel hit the house by my 23 yr. old youngest daughter. SHE absolutely LOVES the Honeybee so much that her new Facebook status now reads:

"Aimee Fincher is now the proud/excited owner of a solid mahogany Mainland Honeybee soprano ukulele that makes sweet sweet sounds! Also has a pickup - someone let me borrow an amp! Thanks "Glenn Fincher", you are a pretty swell dad!"

At least since its still in the house, I'll get to play it a little! I will have to content myself w/my KoAloha Soprano when it gets here this week too.

Last edited:
They are the coolest. Have fun with it.

It is a stunner! Not surprising, though. All of the Mainlands I've seen have been really sweet.
Sorry Gmoney, you just have an "also ran". I have the "Stunner" right here beside me. It's a gloss mahogany Mainland cocert. A fantastic instrument. Just pullin' your leg. Have fun and play the livin' daylights out of yours. Mainlands are the best.

Can't see anything that would make it a "second"....good choice!

Sorry Gmoney, you just have an "also ran". I have the "Stunner" right here beside me. It's a gloss mahogany Mainland cocert. SNIP

Yeah, my next one will probably be either the Red Cedar, Mahogany, oe maybe even a Pineapple. Mainland makes some sweet instruments.

Congrats to you and your daughter - enjoy!

hey Gmoney

I've got one too mate and it's probably the soprano I play most often. sweet and cute as a button!! Hard to walk past her without picking her up and giving her a cuddle!

What makes a Honeybee different from the others in the range? I have a soprano mahogany Mainland myself, always wondered what the Honeybee was.

What makes a Honeybee different from the others in the range? I have a soprano mahogany Mainland myself, always wondered what the Honeybee was.

From Mike (hoosierhiver) in previous thread.
"
I created the Honeybee because it was hard to find a soprano with a pick-up in it. I liked the uke alot, but we had ongoing problems with the factory( they came from a different factory than our main lines). After recieving numerous imperfect ukes repeatedly without improvement, I decided to ditch that supplier.
I hope to bring back the Honeybee in the future from a different source. I've still got a few seconds hanging around. "

That's a great name for a uke.....Honeybee

Top Bottom