Black Mainland Concert

Pukulele Pete

Reaction score
This is my Black Cedar Mainland Concert. I just put strings on it and it sounds really nice.
This was a damaged uke whose top was pushed in and broken. I fixed it the best I could and painted it black to try to hide my repairs. It looks good , just dont look too close. I made the saddle out of a banjo bridge. This is my first concert size uke. I'm suprised how big it seems compared to the soprano. Loads more room on the fingerboard. Great Uke ! Thanks, Mike.

Attachments

• CIMG3516.jpg
    CIMG3516.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 46
  • CIMG3518.jpg
    CIMG3518.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 57
This is my Black Cedar Mainland Concert. I just put strings on it and it sounds really nice.
This was a damaged uke whose top was pushed in and broken. I fixed it the best I could and painted it black to try to hide my repairs. It looks good , just dont look too close. I made the saddle out of a banjo bridge. This is my first concert size uke. I'm suprised how big it seems compared to the soprano. Loads more room on the fingerboard. Great Uke ! Thanks, Mike.

Looks very nice--and you've got more balls than I do, painting a perfectly good store bought! It really came out well, though, and it sounds like you're happy with it.

I thought he said in an earlier thread that it was a second with top damage. So black was a good idea.. Maybe I am wrong.

You both get failing grades for reading comprehension. The top was broken and I fixed it. Read my thread again. I'm still having a hard time with how big the concert is. I guess I'm a soprano guy at heart.

Top Bottom