Risa Concert Uke-stick with GEARED tuners! <SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

kissing

Reaction score
I'm selling my Risa Uke stick. It's only about 3 months old (got it in May this year).
It's a beautifully functional ukulele - such compactness, versatility and durability.
Take it anywhere with you along with a small amp, and you'll be rocking!
This is one of the new 2010 models with Geared tuners, available only through request (default is friction tuners).

The Risa is also the best setup ukulele I've played (I daresay they're better set up than Fleas/Flukes) with a comfortable low, slick action. Unique design, comfortable to play and great sound through amplifier. I have owned Eleukes too in the past, but greatly preferred the Risa for quality as an instrument. They are made in Germany.

It's been lightly used (in fact, I'm selling it because I don't use it enough, compared to my Risa steel-string electrics). There is just a minor aesthetic blemish near the top where I bumped it (see in photo).

P180810_141101.jpg

P180810_141103.jpg

(minor aesthetic blemish on top right corner)

P180810_1412.jpg

See me play it in videos!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tqY6OPtJzQ (with distortion)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqVkAGXmij0 (1:57 onwards)

Items that will be shipped:
-Risa Concert Uke-Stick (set with new Risa low-G strings)
-Risa premium fluorocarbon string set (with unwound Low-G) - free spare strings!
-Original Risa case
-Original strap

At ukulele.de, brand new price is 180.67 Euroes (excluding 19% VAT tax and shipping).
http://ukulele.de/shop/product_info.php?info=p11_RISA-Uke-Solid-Concert.html

180.67 Euroes is about $232 USD by current currency conversion.
I will sell for $180 USD (+$20 for shipping).

Please PM me for interest.
I will accept Paypal payment.
Will ship internationally, though if within Australia I'll make it free shipping.

Last edited:
Hehe, SOLD

You better be quick on my sales, because they get sold quickly in general :)

Aw cwap! That's what I get for taking the dog for a walk even though I'd seen the title of the thread.
Yours sell quickly because your prices are great, yessir.

I'm actually saving up for an Iaito (blunt practice katana) :)

Has anyone ordered the Risa stick directly from the manufacturer? I checked the prices including euro to usd conversion and they appear to be about $50 cheaper than the US distributor and that includes shipping.

I always buy my Risa from the manufacturer (www.ukulele.de).

Bought 4 Risa ukes from them before (Soprano stick, Concert stick, Les Paul electric, Uke-electric).
Since you're outside the USA, if you create an account and register your address, you'll get 19% off the listed prices since they include VAT, which is a European tax.

Good place to buy from, though I wish they would package their ukes a bit more securely for shipping :)

I bought a tenor uke solid with geared tuners direct from Risa earlier this month. It was a lot cheaper than buying from a US dealer, perhaps partly because the US dollar has done well vs. the Euro recently. I corresponded with Rigk before ordering, and the tenor and concert now come with geared tuners if you buy it from them. At that time, the US dealers didn't have geared tuners, which is probably still be the case. Apparently the soprano will follow with geared tuners this fall. Rigk provides great customer service, and the buying experience was easy and convenient. It arrived around one week after I ordered it.

Shipping

Good place to buy from, though I wish they would package their ukes a bit more securely for shipping :)[/QUOTE]

Tell me a little more about this. Did the uke arrive damaged?

Currently I have a Flea concert (my first uke) and I love it. It's good, study, plays well, and stays in tune. And their customer service is excellent! So I'm glad to hear Risa's customer service is good as well.

What is your opinion of the geared vs friction tuners? I know that's a hot topic here. My flea has friction tuners and I have no issue with them.

It's difficult to make these decisions without actually touching the instrument so I tend to rely on the experience of others and appreciate your input.

I bought a tenor uke solid with geared tuners direct from Risa earlier this month. It was a lot cheaper than buying from a US dealer, perhaps partly because the US dollar has done well vs. the Euro recently. I corresponded with Rigk before ordering, and the tenor and concert now come with geared tuners if you buy it from them. At that time, the US dealers didn't have geared tuners, which is probably still be the case. Apparently the soprano will follow with geared tuners this fall. Rigk provides great customer service, and the buying experience was easy and convenient. It arrived around one week after I ordered it.

Yeah, okay, I just messed up that posting. I did register with Risa, maybe that's why the price was so low. Can you speak to the geared versus friction tuners? You'll see from my other post that I have the friction tuners now. What are you using for an amp? I'm considering the Roland Cube amp.

You're kinda starting a whole new discussion in a finished For Sale topic.. but umm to answer your questions..

It's just that they send the ukes with minimal protection. A cardboard box, and the uke in a soft gigbag.
There isn't much padding to cushion falls and collisions. I think it could be done better.
But if anything does go wrong, I'm sure Rigk would make things right. They have good customer support.

Geared vs Friction?
Geared is much better in my opinion. It is easier to tune, because the strings move less per turn (allowing you to fine tune easily), whereas friction tuners are harder to fine-tune because the smallest of turns changes the string tension by a lot. An advantage of friction tuners is that they make the headstock of a traditional ukulele lighter in weight, so its easier to hold. On a Uke-stick, it doesn't give you any real advantage, other than making it a pain to tune.

Amps? I use a Roland Microcube. Great small, affordable amp (that makes plenty of sound!) for electric ukes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom