UU is a big, green dot!

Ukulele JJ

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought this would be appropriate for the "beginners" forum, although it applies to non-beginners too (and to things beyond playing uke):

How Big is Your Red Zone?

I think the uke has a much higher and steeper "joy" curve and a much more quickly-diminishing "hassle" curve than just about anything else. That's one of the great things about the instrument.

But we still need our "green dot" to tell us how great things are on the other side. :p Who's your green dot?

JJ

Great article Ukulele JJ, thanks for sharing it with all of us and being a big green dot!

Wonderful information, especially for noobies and teachers of noobies and others.

We can talk about 'learning curves' and their steepness, but the picture of a graph really helps.

Keep uke'in',

here's a picture of my new ukulele 'baby' (my actual model has concert neck with slotted head)
this is a picture of the soprano violin-shaped ukulele from Tangiukulele.com:

http://www.4shared.com/photo/NCLtqX5o/tn_Violin_Standard_08_001.html

One must always keep in mind the joys of life and how much it takes to attain them...
On every road in life there is success and failures, the difference is to know the difference between the two
and the latter when to move on...I believe in natural talent, but through repetition..Practice, Patience,
and Perserverence...the learning curb may become more bearable...

One must always keep in mind the joys of life and how much it takes to attain them...
On every road in life there is success and failures, the difference is to know the difference between the two
and the latter when to move on...I believe in natural talent, but through repetition..Practice, Patience,
and Perserverence...the learning curb may become more bearable...

Stan, have you got a degree in philosophy or are you Charles Schulz's long lost brother? Love your comments mate. Cheers

Learning curb, so THAT'S what I keep tripping over! :eek:

JJ, I took a look, you betcha the uke has a LOT less hassle to it. At least for me, even if I'm frustrated with my progress or lack of it, it still brings me joy and thus never feels like time wasted.

Last edited:
thanks so much for that JJ

I have been playing the uke for 4 years now. I love the instrument so much that my "Joy" curve just keeps rising!!! I agree with Teek: because I have such a determination to keep improving I experience an almost negligible "red Zone". I think that if you find joy in the practicing, there really is no "hassle" at all. Sure, we might get a little frustrated that we can't instantly play a solo like Lyle Ritz, but "Skip To My Lou" is a cool song too.

I agree that UU is " a big green dot" in a way, because hearing and sharing stories with other, like minded people both validates and motivates our own journey.

As far as goes the question "how big is your red zone", well... that's After-Midnight talk bro and I'll let my dear wife answer that one!!!

(BIG)

Last edited:
Top Bottom