Future Viol-ukes?

UKISOCIETY

Reaction score
Anybody got some ukulele necks? :eek:

4904486649_f9f03c8444_b.jpg

Vlukes? Violeles?

Anybody got some ukulele necks? :eek:

Vlukes? Violeles?

Where/how did you end up w/a box of violins? There HAS to be a good story there ...

I'll trade you a ukulele neck for a violin. :p

After I saw the first one you made, I was blown away and wanted to take a stab at making my own, but hadn't been able to find a scrap violin for a good price. Any chance I could buy one off you? :O

If you are going to make another violinuke - I will put in my request now. Another way to raise some money for your adoption?

I think 'Violele' is probably the best name. It's also the easiest to say, as it doesn't sound as forced as something like 'Viokulele' or 'Viouke' would.

Anyway, that box of Violins is great - I've yet to take on a Uke project, partly because I'd hate to smash one up for parts. I don't think I could do it. I don't think I'd have as much of a moral dilemma with smashing a Violin, though, as I can't play them in their original form.

Aloha Alan,
Holy smokes, I hope you got a good price on them...you always seem to amaze me...
WOW!! Looks like you're set for this year in your projects....selling any????MM Stan..
BTW-Here's an early congrats......on your 4000th posts....another WOW..

Last edited:
Alan, the last I knew, Mike at Mainland sold uke necks. Are those violins all full size? Some student instruments are 3/4 size....

I like the color of the one with the blue tape on the neck....wonder if it would handle concert scale length?

Where/how did you end up w/a box of violins? There HAS to be a good story there ...

Let's just say it helps to be in the classical music biz. ;)

Alan, the last I knew, Mike at Mainland sold uke necks. Are those violins all full size? Some student instruments are 3/4 size....

I like the color of the one with the blue tape on the neck....wonder if it would handle concert scale length?

A couple of the bodies are student sized. I'd like to try some different sized necks on them, but will have to find a good supplier of cheap necks. I'll post pics and vids once I get the Violuke # 2 produced. :)

I the immortal words of King Henry VIII...

"I WANT!"

Seriously.. I REALLY really want one...

BAD.

Top Bottom