Well that did not take long UAS is a very serious condition.

deepeepee

Reaction score
A mere 3 weks ago I bought my first Uke ( Dolphin ) I have since bought another dolphin ( to paint ) a Makala MKC and a third Dolphin to paint and sell. I then decided to sell one of my guitars and bought myself this little beauty today.....She is a Kala FMC and the spruce top gives her a lovely bright sound, kinda like a soprano in a concert body, The build quality is superb and she really does sound so sweet, the resonance is spot on and chords are as clear as a bell. The guys at the shop threw the case in for a tenner so a bargain was had to boot. One very happy man this evening

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 38
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 25
Wow, that's a beautiful 'uke! Nice case, too ($10?). That instrument should really stimulate some learnin'.

I got my first 'uke in May, and am awaiting the third (where's that UPS guy?).

UAS - just relax and suffer/enjoy it.

Enjoy that Kala!

jeff

Aloha Deepeepee,
Congrats on your new purchases of ukes....Do ya think you may have UAS yet?thanks for sharing the pic's
and story....enjoyed it!! MM Stan Keep strumming them strings.....

I too am afflicted.

I only have seen the symptoms too late.

I did notice that when I got envious and jealous just now that my itching flared up.

I feel like I'm on crackulele.

I now see how I am supporting my habit by lies.

I too am afflicted.

I only have seen the symptoms too late.

I did notice that when I got envious and jealous just now that my itching flared up.

I feel like I'm on crackulele.

I now see how I am supporting my habit by lies.

Wow, "crackulele". I'm impressed with your candor!

Cheers!

They told me I needed to take an inventory for my step 4.

I thought it was show and tell; so, I brought all my ukuleles.

They say its the first time pictures were taken at a meeting.

(note: story embellishment has been applied for entertainment purposes only)

I am in the midst of buying another "musthave". Shame and excitement are an intoxicating mix.

Last edited:
someone here ought to write a song

UAS

yeah, yeah, scratch that itch
'til you do you'll twist and twitch
don' matter if you're poor or rich
some folks might even call it kitsch
but we know better!
scratch that itch!

Yeah, yeah, scratch that itch!
makin' for a fit to pitch
hopin' UPS ain't in the ditch
UAS is such a bitch
but we love it!
scratch that itch!

ooo, I feel better already...:eek:

Last edited:
Congrats on the new uke - love the wood grain. I misread at first....I thought what good is a tenor case for a concert uke and then I re-read the word tenner - so congrats on a nice bargain for a case.

I...bought myself this little beauty today.....She is a Kala FMC and the spruce top gives her a lovely bright sound, kinda like a soprano in a concert body, The build quality is superb and she really does sound so sweet, the resonance is spot on and chords are as clear as a bell...

I've got a KA-FMS, the soprano, and absolutely love it (once I'd swapped the Aquilas for Worth Browns) - as well as the looks, it just 'feels' right to hold. Enjoy it!

123954787.jpg
123954651.jpg

I might change the aquilas for some worth browns on mine, I have worths on my Makala Concert and one of my dolphins, they tend to squeak less when fingerpicking. I love the Uke " easy to pick up, hard to put down "....I love the pattern on your sop, they really are great quality ukes.

I might change the aquilas for some worth browns on mine, I have worths on my Makala Concert and one of my dolphins, they tend to squeak less when fingerpicking...

I found the Aquilas just seemed too 'loud' for the soprano - the sound lost definition, which the Worths regained (at the expense of some volume). Might not be as much of (or any) problem on the concert. The Brown strings do really suit the uke, though!

I love the pattern on your sop, they really are great quality ukes.

Cheers! Yeah, they're really 'solid' feeling (and shiny and pretty). Mine's #911, as well, which is kinda cool in a Homicide: Life on the Street way...

Yes UAS is a terrible/wonderfull afliction! I am a recovering guitarist and picked up my first uke almost a year ago to the day. Now there are a herd of them in my house, 2 baritones, 2 tenors, 2 concerts, 4 sopranos (3 of them belong to my grandkids), and 4 banjo ukes! To be honest several of them are in various states of repair, but I do try to play the playable ones at least once a week, and try to squeeze in a little Ki ho' alu guitar too. I almost forgot my favorite bit of fruity goodness, my pineapple so I guess there are 5 sopranos

Last edited:
Top Bottom