Please give me some feedback on this Denver Ukulele

whysosrs

Reaction score
So I picked up a $25 CAN ukulele with the brand Denver. It said it was suppose to come with D'Addario Strings, but it came with some nylon strings instead. I'm going go talk to the store when I have time. Don't know what to say though, and afraid they might not let me change strings. Is it even worth the effort?

Enough talk, here are the pictures of the ukulele.

http://imgur.com/nhmyN&Swk1F&9dL1Z&WZjHI&1eSUS

Is the strings too high of the fretboard? Are the bolts and nuts good? Btw, I have a problem. There was a sticker with the company name and colour, and was poorly put on. Half of it was already peeling off, so I ripped the whole thing off, but there appeared to be some remaining sticker piece =P. Any idea on how to remove? I was thinking of sandpaper, but might damage the wood.

Thank you guys so much! If it weren't for Uke Underground, probably wouldn't have started playing it!

P.S. What do the white dots mean? I think I know the double dots mean 1 octave higher? Dunno. I'm not a Uke genius but have some background in Piano

Last edited:
So I picked up a $25 CAN ukulele with the brand Denver. It said it was suppose to come with D'Addario Strings, but it came with some nylon strings instead. I'm going go talk to the store when I have time. Don't know what to say though, and afraid they might not let me change strings. Is it even worth the effort?

Enough talk, here are the pictures of the ukulele.

Is the strings too high of the fretboard? Are the bolts and nuts good? Btw, I have a problem. There was a sticker with the company name and colour, and was poorly put on. Half of it was already peeling off, so I ripped the whole thing off, but there appeared to be some remaining sticker piece =P. Any idea on how to remove? I was thinking of sandpaper, but might damage the wood.

Thank you guys so much! If it weren't for Uke Underground, probably wouldn't have started playing it!

P.S. What do the white dots mean? I think I know the double dots mean 1 octave higher? Dunno. I'm not a Uke genius but have some background in Piano

EDIT: problem with pictures, will re-upload after.

I think buying a $25 ukulele is like buying a $100 car....... You ain't gonna get much... Don't worry about action, strings, label, wood, and most of all the nuts and bolts, etc.... Just play the heck out of it until it completely falls apart......:)

D'Addario does make clear nylon strings so I could be D'Addario strings just not their top of the line strings. I always found WD-40 great at removing adhesive without damaging the finish underneath. Just spray on lightly, let it soak in for a few seconds then wipe lightly with a soft cotton rag.

Top Bottom