Kala Uke Case

bt93

Reaction score
I just ordered the Kala Alligator case for my Koaloha concert but was wondering if anyone out there had it. Does it have enough room in the center pocket to hold a 12 foot cable and a tuner/Humidifier.

I got it from Ukulelehotline.com who had the best prices anywhere for the case. they beat the competition (MGM and everyone else) by 15 bucks for this case and even gave me free 2 day shipping. On a side note, I also got a Monster Cable and a Line 6 amp to really ROCK OUT!! I'll Post pics when it comes tomorrow.

Last edited:
I think it would be really tight for a 12 footer and the rest. You'd have to coil pretty tight, and if you had a small tuner and small humidifier it may work...but like I said, it'd be tight. Put a polishing cloth over your headstock. The hydrometer in the case scratched my headstock. It's a 8 string so the headstock is big, but it never hurts to be careful. It's a really slick case, I love mine.

Thanks skiztic for the reply. I am really excited for this case to come.

It's really sharp. I was surprised how nice the interior was. You'll like it. :)

I just returned my Monster cable to get a shorter 6 foot cable that will hopefully fit.

You could always attach a small bag to the handle of your case to keep your cable in. I do that with my guitars.

Go to Wal-Mart and go to the ladies purses area and find a pretty cool little bag and buy it for your other "stuff".

I have the Kala Python and I like it, but, no, it won't hold a 12 footer - it holds my capo and my clip-on tuner and that's about it. It is very nice but the glue they used on mine and the other two I looked at at Elderly smells so bad that it is imparting that smell on my ukulele as well (although, it dissipates off the ukuele quickly, but after three weeks the case still smells(. I aired it out for a day, usually keep it open at home, but it has onlys ubsided somewhat in the three weeks I have had it. It also does not seem to close as well and they material seems to be coming off in a few places as well. Oh, and the hinges seem a little weak to me, too - not sure they will last. I love the look of this and it does seem to work well aside from the smell - even the thermometer and humidty thingy seem to be pretty on target, but I'll be glad after a few months (years?) when that smell goes away (of course, the hinges may have gone by then). Anyone else notice this smell? Mike

I have the tenor size for my Sceptre and like the others said, the pocket holds a tuner and humidifier and that's about it. It's definitely cool looking but not very practical for carrying anything other than the uke.

Thanks all, for your input. It is coming todY so iwill let you know what I think

ok so the case came and its a lot smaller than what I imagined. I don't even have room to put my tuner and my humidifier in the pocket. i had to put my tuner in the pocket above the hygrometer and my humidifier in the pocket. my strap goes under the headstock, but there is no place to put strings or my amp cable. also, the case smells horrid. i am going to have to go and buy an air-freshener to put inside. overall, the case is pretty nice

Skiztic: what kind of bag do you put your cable in? do you have a pic? also thanks for the advice about the polishing cloth. i put one over my headstock to protect it from either a falling tuner (i put it in the above compartment) or the hygrometer.

also, the case smells horrid. i am going to have to go and buy an air-freshener to put inside. overall, the case is pretty nice

Skiztic: what kind of bag do you put your cable in? do you have a pic? also thanks for the advice about the polishing cloth. i put one over my headstock to protect it from either a falling tuner (i put it in the above compartment) or the hygrometer.

It is nice, but yes, as I said, it smells badly and it will take a long time to air it out - mine still smells enough to impart the smell on ukulele! Mike

Mine had no smell when it came. I just opened it up and stuck my nose in the lining, no smell. It was sitting in the sun a lot yesterday so if it was going to smell like glue, it should today...but nothing.

I will dig around and see if I can find my cable bag, but I started carrying a backpack a while back so I just throw it in there now. I just made a simple drawstring bag out of an old pair of pants.

I have actually made the cable fit. What i did was i wrapped it up and then put it under the headstock of my koaloha and it doesn't seem to bother it at all.

So far i have fit all this inside the concert case. I have 2 tuner batteries, 5 sets of different strings, strap, cable, humidifier, hygrometer, polishing cloth, picks, and a tuner. since there is not a lot of room in my case, i took the strings out of the packaging, wound them up, and then labeled them and put each in one of those mini ziplock bags (like the jewlery bags).

Mine had no smell when it came. I just opened it up and stuck my nose in the lining, no smell. It was sitting in the sun a lot yesterday so if it was going to smell like glue, it should today...but nothing.

I will dig around and see if I can find my cable bag, but I started carrying a backpack a while back so I just throw it in there now. I just made a simple drawstring bag out of an old pair of pants.

Glad some of them are okay. I must have the batch with the toxic glue!

I just got a couple of dozen in, all sizes, and none have any smell to them. And I smell pretty good I'm told. My nose that is. The smelly ones must have been shipped on the garbage barge.

The Most beautiful cases to go with the most beautiful ukuleles:)

Top Bottom